Food The (not so) delicious food thread

How anyone who claims to have flavor buds and cooking and brewery skills could not tell the difference between boiled off and reconstituted milk vs. straight from the tit milk baffles the mind.

I guess you have to consider it's the same guy who can't tell the difference between free backyard chicken eggs and those lame commercial operation chicken eggs either.

I'm beginning to wonder if this guy can actually taste things or if he just goes by what pseudo-sciency publications tell him and the rest is just power of suggestion.
You seem upset. I'm very sorry. Let's chat.

It is a workable substitute when cooking or baking. That shouldn't be shocking. I used some this weekend in French toast. Twas amazing!

And there's really no flavor difference between pastured and commercial eggs. They *look* different, and I think I read they have better nutritional properties, but once you cook them there's really no difference. I'd show you data on it, but just like your pappy, I know you don't need no readin!

I drink Vit D milk daily and recently increased the amount because, you know, skeletal.

I can’t bring myself to believe that evaporated milk with water added tastes like fresh milk.

But I do believe it can work in cooking.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes
You seem upset. I'm very sorry. Let's chat.

It is a workable substitute when cooking or baking. That shouldn't be shocking. I used some this weekend in French toast. Twas amazing!

And there's really no flavor difference between pastured and commercial eggs. They *look* different, and I think I read they have better nutritional properties, but once you cook them there's really no difference. I'd show you data on it, but just like your pappy, I know you don't need no readin!
"According to the results of a 2007 Mother Earth News egg testing project, eggs from pasture-raised hens are far superior to the factory-farm eggs used in the official U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrient data. According to the data gathered from 14 farms across the U.S., eggs from the pastured hens contain:

• 1⁄3 less cholesterol
  • 1⁄4 less saturated fat
  • 2⁄3 more vitamin A
  • 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
  • 3 times more vitamin E
  • 7 times more beta carotene
These are not marginal numbers, here. You’d have to eat 2 factory farmed eggs to get an equivalent amount of brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. You’d have to eat 3 to equal as much vitamin E. Not to mention the Vitamin A… and as for beta carotene—A whopping 7 egg omelet is what you’d have to eat to reach the level of beta carotene in one happy egg.

Now, how’s that 99 cent carton of eggs looking?"

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and nukes
I drink Vit D milk daily and recently increased the amount because, you know, skeletal.

I can’t bring myself to believe that evaporated milk with water added tastes like fresh milk.

But I do believe it can work in cooking.
Exactly, which was my original post. IIRC, there are tons of green veggies that have more calcium than milk.

"According to the results of a 2007 Mother Earth News egg testing project, eggs from pasture-raised hens are far superior to the factory-farm eggs used in the official U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) nutrient data. According to the data gathered from 14 farms across the U.S., eggs from the pastured hens contain:

• 1⁄3 less cholesterol
  • 1⁄4 less saturated fat
  • 2⁄3 more vitamin A
  • 2 times more omega-3 fatty acids
  • 3 times more vitamin E
  • 7 times more beta carotene
These are not marginal numbers, here. You’d have to eat 2 factory farmed eggs to get an equivalent amount of brain-healthy omega-3 fatty acids. You’d have to eat 3 to equal as much vitamin E. Not to mention the Vitamin A… and as for beta carotene—A whopping 7 egg omelet is what you’d have to eat to reach the level of beta carotene in one happy egg.

Now, how’s that 99 cent carton of eggs looking?"
STOP WITH THE DATA. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Do you need it displayed on your phone via bluetooth through your "What I Ate Today" app so that it gets shared with all the corporations that own you in order to make the data valuable?
In the next few years, there should be an Apple Watch that analyzes your sweat and saves the data to to destroy you with big insurance.