Food Is there a delicious food thread?

wetwille

Vegan Bow Hunter
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Marklar
53,753.48₥
@nukes - ok, I know this is not the best timing, but I was inspired by you. You've described the Filipino Lemon Grass pork as being the bomb. I bit the bullet and have about 8 lbs(bone-in) of pork shoulder in the slow cooker. I've never used lemon grass before so I used the Interwebs. Lemon grass(I like grass!), garlic, some hot sauce, black pepper, little salt.
Hope you get feeling better.

wetwille

Vegan Bow Hunter
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Marklar
53,753.48₥
i have successfully made it enough times to post the recipe :) its a good one and pretty foolproof (may have posted it before)
https://aromaticessence.co/2017/11/22/mawa-cake/
@adi My mind was blown at the thought of 1 tsp. of cardamom:eek:. Is green cardamom not as strong as the brown stuff? I use the brown - wife swears she doesn't like it but I've slipped it to her hundreds of time.;)

@nukes - the lemongrass is awesome but I chickened out halfway through and fished it all out. Stuff is amazing strong compared to before it's cooked. Hope the other issues passes quickly.:(

• Gravy
Reactions: adi

adi

Brown Thunder
Apr 16, 2016
Marklar
65,775.22₥
@adi My mind was blown at the thought of 1 tsp. of cardamom:eek:. Is green cardamom not as strong as the brown stuff? I use the brown - wife swears she doesn't like it but I've slipped it to her hundreds of time.;)

@nukes - the lemongrass is awesome but I chickened out halfway through and fished it all out. Stuff is amazing strong compared to before it's cooked. Hope the other issues passes quickly.:(
i use a teaspoon of green cardamom powder baba, you can taste it in the cake but its not too much at all :)

..and same same