Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I love North and South Indian food. It's all just a nice change of pace... full of flavor.
there are 5 (maybe 6) main types of south indian cuisine
they are all amazing my favourites are from the udipi region and the managlore side coastal food and kerala :)
if anybody visiting india is worried about the food scene the udipi's are the safest and generally the cleanest indian restaurants

they are all amazing my favourites are from the udipi region and the managlore side coastal food and kerala :)
if anybody visiting india is worried about the food scene the udipi's are the safest and generally the cleanest indian restaurants

What if you want some adventure, try something risky, where should you eat then?

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and nukes
north indian generally refers to punjabi and mughlai dishes
himachali and kashmiri foods are way different from that having a lot of chinese tibetan nepalese and even israeli and greek influence
the north eastern states (which are the most different states in india) have totally different cuisines again with even more influence from the other countries mentioned (they make the best pork here and they make a spicy beef pickle powder thats one of my top things to buy when there)
again this is too small a post for this topic theres a lot more to it :)

Street food.
so again, in the extreme northern and southern states street food is cool the ones in between gotta be careful
like the momo and bao stalls and the tibetan bread with soup stalls in himachal and assam etc are amazing
sweet and spicy pork baos drooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool
street dosas idlis in chennai are amazing too and the street coffee

theres a yuuuuuge all veg food street in indore (@Ledboots !!) i remember eating some of the best chaat and indian sweets out there but i would not recommend that to everyone, could be risky gotta be used to the water and oils here before those kind of adventures

• Gravy
Reactions: Ledboots and nukes
Street food.
what's cool here is that they're starting to loosen the regs on food trucks!

besides normal food handling regs, here there's a shit ton of food biz tenants that have 'non-compete's in their leases that includes the landlord letting any type of food truck on the property. Soooo - it's not uncommon to see food trucks in stand-alone landscape store parking lots, or HomeDepot lots where they're not attached in a strip mall. There's a stand alone granite supply place near my barn & 5 days a week there's a taco truck in the parking lot.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi and nukes
We have a vegetarian cafe inTampa called Udipis. It is so good, and the menu has like 50000 things to choose from 😂

• Gravy
Reactions: adi