Food The (not so) delicious food thread

230302381image0000001.jpg

I ramened.

Glebe Kitchen tonkatsu recipe. Used pork shoulder steak instead of pork belly because that's what was at the store, and used red miso instead of white, and made the broth using my instant pot instead of boiling for a billion hours... and it still turned out so fucking amazing.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Reactions: fly
I ramened.

Glebe Kitchen tonkatsu recipe. Used pork shoulder steak instead of pork belly because that's what was at the store, and used red miso instead of white, and made the broth using my instant pot instead of boiling for a billion hours... and it still turned out so fucking amazing.
pork shoulder has like 80% less delicious fat than pork belly though. Also, what are those noodles?

I ramened.

Ramen is like pizza, even when it's not great its still pretty good.

pork shoulder has like 80% less delicious fat than pork belly though. Also, what are those noodles?
They're the "broad instant ramen noodles" that the asian store had.

Pork belly is this fucking $10/lb boutique meat up here these days on the rare occasion you actually see it in the damn store, meanwhile pork shoulder steak was going for $2/lb and was probably half fat.

• Gravy
Reactions: Domon
I'm sure you didn't bake those all at the same time. That take a serious project plan so that nothing overproofs!
I mixed the dough on Sunday and shaped them, then a cold proof for about 44 hours, and baked this morning. Cold proofing is wonderful if you have the fridge space.

I mixed the dough on Sunday and shaped them, then a cold proof for about 44 hours, and baked this morning. Cold proofing is wonderful if you have the fridge space.
hmmm, never heard of doing that. Do you let it warm up right before, or just adjust baking time?