Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I had the BK vegan whopper recently. Twas amazing.
If you haven't had real ___________ in a long time, I'm sure it was. Our friends say the same thing about vegan cheese, which is actually pretty atrocious, but fine to them because they don't remember it. There are great vegan dishes, but vegan (or even vegetarian) approximations of real food are not great (yet).

If you haven't had real ___________ in a long time, I'm sure it was. Our friends say the same thing about vegan cheese, which is actually pretty atrocious, but fine to them because they don't remember it. There are great vegan dishes, but vegan (or even vegetarian) approximations of real food are not great (yet).
Maybe. They seem to grill the BK patty the same. It tastes really smoked.

Some vegan cheeses really are good now, but only the ones made by animal and dairy companies ironically. The hippy independent ones I wouldn't touch. America also seems madly behind on vegan products to be honest. Its like a paradise here in comparison. No doubt our approximations of things are better in some regard as our market is larger with a huge amount of the population going meat free frequently.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
It's entirely possible that we are. Either way, I'm not against it. I'm just against shit that sucks, because I still have the option to eat the real thing.

Lab grown shit will likely be the best of both worlds. Real, tasty meat without Big Meat (which isn't even required, we still could feed everyone with humane, sustainably grown animal products, but we've already argued about that 🤪).

It's entirely possible that we are. Either way, I'm not against it. I'm just against shit that sucks, because I still have the option to eat the real thing.

Lab grown shit will likely be the best of both worlds. Real, tasty meat without Big Meat (which isn't even required, we still could feed everyone with humane, sustainably grown animal products, but we've already argued about that 🤪).
They're gonna need to be able to grow fat cells, not just protein chains for it to taste good. Apparently that's harder

Then again we could eat the shit @Jehannum posts

Maybe. They seem to grill the BK patty the same. It tastes really smoked.

Some vegan cheeses really are good now, but only the ones made by animal and dairy companies ironically. The hippy independent ones I wouldn't touch. America also seems madly behind on vegan products to be honest. Its like a paradise here in comparison. No doubt our approximations of things are better in some regard as our market is larger with a huge amount of the population going meat free frequently.
The BK impossible whopper tastes like 95% like a whopper. It's fine and you can pretend you're eating healthy so it's my go to at BK.