Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Balogna paste is just what bologna was before they mashed it into circles. Lips and assholes, and it's good.

Chicago deep dish is clearly the best pizza but if you can't get to Chicago just come here and go to Conan's. Other pizza is pretend pizza.

Anything that says "special sauce" is code for thousand island dressing. It's just mayonnaise and ketchup. Always good separate but rarely good together, like beer and ice cream.

A good cheese steak is supposed to be messy. Like ribs.

Is that snobby enough for y'all?

Wanna know what makes a girl good marrying material?

They order ribs, or cheesesteak, or Chicago/Conan's pizza on the first date, and they don't use silverware.
I've been to Austin a thousand times and never eaten at Conans. That will have to change.

Well, Conan's is home to both some of the best and the absolute worst pie I've ever had. The worst was vegan cheese with gluten free crust, and that was like eating cardboard covered with gravy.
Omg those gluten free crusts come frozen, almost no one orders them so they sit in the freezer for months. We microwave them, then put on toppings, then in the oven. You might as well just order a tortilla with pizza toppings. It would taste better.

Omg those gluten free crusts come frozen, almost no one orders them so they sit in the freezer for months. We microwave them, then put on toppings, then in the oven. You might as well just order a tortilla with pizza toppings. It would taste better.
But tortillas aren’t gluten free.

You wouldn't make a pizza on a corn tortilla, obviously. You'd use a flour tortilla, which, unless it was made with cricket flour or something, has gluten.
That's what the gluten free crusts are I think. Corn I mean.

Also I rarely see flour tortillas. I think maybe only with burritos and balaedas.

Last edited:
I just use corn tortillas for stuff you bake, or at least fry the hell out of, like enchiladas or maybe tostada's.

Anything else that's gets rolled up, and even some things that don't, like "wtf is left in the fridge", teenager drunken stoner poor man's "pizza" gets a flour tortilla.

The flour tortilla is the best eating system ever devised. It's like a little plate you can throw everything on, fold it up and eat it, plate and all. F'n genius.

You should try one of my roast beef, mash potatoes-n-gravy, and green bean burritos sometime.
They're white people approved.

Butter, cinnamon, and sugar or just regular pb&j are good too.

Just whatever you got throw it in there.

Broccoli, ranch dressing, and the little bits of a ham you can pick off the bone after the pretty slices are gone? Delish.

Leftover turkey, mash potatoes, cranberry sauce and pumpkin pie? Roll it all up in there, you never had it so good.

A Balaeda is like
I just use corn tortillas for stuff you bake, or at least fry the hell out of, like enchiladas or maybe tostada's.

Anything else that's gets rolled up, and even some things that don't, like "wtf is left in the fridge", teenager drunken stoner poor man's "pizza" gets a flour tortilla.

The flour tortilla is the best eating system ever devised. It's like a little plate you can throw everything on, fold it up and eat it, plate and all. F'n genius.
Mexicans almost exclusively use corn tortillas. I dated a mexican chick for almost a year and she basically wouldnt eat flour tortillas.

They are like naan bread or pita bread if you think about it. It's just flatbread you load up with stuff. The guys I work with make refried beans/eggs/potato mixture which doesnt sound good but it is super filling and cheap.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Im out here trying to find full blown psychos. You need to be 30.
This ^

It takes a good 30 years before they really start to flower and begin to come into their own. They need the hard knocks and bad experiences and emotional damage and false affirmation of their warped view of the world that can only come with time in service to get down to the real fun parts.

This ^

It takes a good 30 years before they really start to flower and begin to come into their own. They need the hard knocks and bad experiences and emotional damage and false affirmation of their warped view of the world that can only come with time in service to get down to the real fun parts.
Yeah you haven't seen anything until your g/f makes thanksgiving dinner, starts crying, passes out cause she drank a bottle of wine, and you come home wondering why the fire department is there.

• Gravy
A Balaeda is like

Mexicans almost exclusively use corn tortillas. I dated a mexican chick for almost a year and she basically wouldnt eat flour tortillas.

They are like naan bread or pita bread if you think about it. It's just flatbread you load up with stuff. The guys I work with make refried beans/eggs/potato mixture which doesnt sound good but it is super filling and cheap.

Probably 'cause I'm not Mexican
Also tex-mex is a whole other, sort of americanized thing.
Generally greasy, sloppy, cheesy, hangover food where Mexican food is not, at least farther south of the border.
Also mexico is a big country with many different regions. There isn't one "Mexican food". It's us who just stereotyped it as tacos or hot peppers or whatever.

No different than if you started with a brisket someone in the northeast would think corned beef while we smoke it for 14 hours while some guy in Wyoming eats buffalo instead.

Probably 'cause I'm not Mexican
Also tex-mex is a whole other, sort of americanized thing.
Generally greasy, sloppy, cheesy, hangover food where Mexican food is not, at least farther south of the border.
Also mexico is a big country with many different regions. There isn't one "Mexican food". It's us who just stereotyped it as tacos or hot peppers or whatever.

No different than if you started with a brisket someone in the northeast would think corned beef while we smoke it for 14 hours while some guy in Wyoming eats buffalo instead.
Yeah, I dont like the greasy stuff. She was from Cuernavaca. Lotta fresh veggies and hot sauce. Lotta hot chocolate with chilis.

• Gravy
Yeah you haven't seen anything until your g/f makes thanksgiving dinner, starts crying, passes out cause she drank a bottle of wine, and you come home wondering why the fire department is there.
One I knew pulled a full size dinner plate out from under her front car seat, piled full of coke.
Then when we got to her house it was time to clean the fish tank. So she netted the fish out and put them in a little bucket of fresh water temporarily. Then she fucked up and took the big pot of boiling water she was gonna use to clean the scum out the fish tank and dumped it in the bucket. Then there was dead fish, scalding water, and screaming woman flying all over that place.

Yeah I went back.