Food The (not so) delicious food thread

All our cookware is a mishmash of stuff aquired all kinds of places and ways. None of it sucks. None of it was expensive either though a couple things would be if bought new.

Highest likely a set of Global knives, like shown here.

They're pretty nice, haha.

Next probably a Wolfgang puck branded set of stainless pots and pans. Good thick bottoms. Even heat and retain heat, etc.

Those knives and pots and pans were free. Some Katrina people left them behind at a rental clean out we did. Blew their govt money on new higher end everything then ditched out on rent taking only the electronics and some clothes and other toys with them. Left the furniture and everything else in piles outside to be rained on and ruined.

Other stuff combination of more rental cleanouts and thrift store shopping

Have cast iron but also keep a small and large non-stick pan for daily use. It's just plain easy.

Lot of oven stuff gets done in a couple of those dark steel deep dish pizza pans the kids stole from Conan's when they used to work there. Would make a pizza for us to pick up and just throw the whole thing in the box, pan and all. They're good for all kinds of things other than pizza.

Lot of oven stuff gets done in a couple of those dark steel deep dish pizza pans the kids stole from Conan's when they used to work there. Would make a pizza for us to pick up and just throw the whole thing in the box, pan and all. They're good for all kinds of things other than pizza.
I love Conan's. Great pie.

• Love
Reactions: HipHugHer
I love Conan's. Great pie.
Just looked them up. I'd try the artichoke pizza. Their pizzas are also pretty cheap, we sell a small thin crust for 12.99 and that's without toppings.

One complaint I have with where I work is the goto meat is pork, whether it's chorizo or ham or sausage or bacon. Like our meatlover's is ham, sausage, bacon, meatball. We do have a steak pizza that is basically the meat from a cheesesteak with mozzerella and tomatos on top. A small is $20 though. I also dont like the dough, they put a ton of sugar in it so it's super sweet. We do make our own dough though so it's a step up from most of the other places in the area. Also no stone oven, it's this ghastly rolling conveyer that has never been cleaned.

We really do specialize in cheesesteaks though so. I've still never had a cheesesteak, they look sloppy to eat. We get bread fresh daily from NJ and it's pretty decent italian roll.

Last edited:
  • Gravy
Just looked them up. I'd try the artichoke pizza. Their pizzas are also pretty cheap, we sell a small thin crust for 12.99 and that's without toppings.

One complaint I have with where I work is the goto meat is pork, whether it's chorizo or ham or sausage or bacon. Like our meatlover's is ham, sausage, bacon, meatball. We do have a steak pizza that is basically the meat from a cheesesteak with mozzerella and tomatos on top. A small is $20 though. I also dont like the dough, they put a ton of sugar in it so it's super sweet. We do make our own dough though so it's a step up from most of the other places in the area.
Their claim to fame (aside from an association with Frank Frazetta) is their deep dish that @HipHugHer stole pans from. Best Chicago style outside of Chicago I've had.

• Love
Their claim to fame (aside from an association with Frank Frazetta) is their deep dish that @HipHugHer stole pans from. Best Chicago style outside of Chicago I've had.
I've had chicago style like once I think when I was a kid. In Chicago though so for whatever that's worth. I remember I really liked the crust.

22791988_10159453477230564_417645240126347748_o.jpg

WRONG.

This is the best style pizza. Crispy thin crust, sauce, cheese, toppings. In that order. Notice how I wrote "toppings" last? It's because they go on fuckin' top. Hence the name "toppings". Mind blown, right?

And since they're on top, those toppings broil and get all crispy and shit. I mean, look at the pepperoni cups on there. And the salami and the bacon and everything else. Even the cheese is perfect. Fuckin' beautiful.

Meanwhile in Chicago, instead of getting individually and perfectly cooked, all the "toppings" get steamed to fuck under the cheese so the flavors all blend together into a soggy mush that might as well be boiled bologna. That's assuming it even makes it to your mouth, because if you try to pick it up odds are the whole greasy mess will slide off the crust and give you third degree burns on your dick.

Deep dish pizza sucks ass.

View attachment 16531

WRONG.

This is the best style pizza. Crispy thin crust, sauce, cheese, toppings. In that order. Notice how I wrote "toppings" last? It's because they go on fuckin' top. Hence the name "toppings". Mind blown, right?

And since they're on top, those toppings broil and get all crispy and shit. I mean, look at the pepperoni cups on there. And the salami and the bacon and everything else. Even the cheese is perfect. Fuckin' beautiful.

Meanwhile in Chicago, instead of getting individually and perfectly cooked, all the "toppings" get steamed to fuck under the cheese so the flavors all blend together into a soggy mush that might as well be boiled bologna. That's assuming it even makes it to your mouth, because if you try to pick it up odds are the whole greasy mess will slide off the crust and give you third degree burns on your dick.

That's too round. Needs to be more ellipsoid.

• Gravy
View attachment 16531

WRONG.

There's deep dish in CT too but I think it's called tomato pie, and they dont put ANY cheese on it and it sucks.

View attachment 16531

WRONG.

That looks really greasy too. Also, I think that the super deep dish Chicago pizza is really a casserole. I don't think it qualifies as pizza anymore.