Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I like to put butter on mine.
paula deen butter GIF

Cooked a 4.6 lb bottom round roast Saturday.
Garlic infused. Rubbed kosher salt and Montreal steak seasoning liberally. 450f for 15 minutes then used the meat thermometer to cook to 160f.

Came out medium to medium well. Slightly pink in the center. The wife likes it petrified, ND I most.certainly do not.
Trying to keep everyone in the house happy.
Serves 4, got 4 meals out of that dead steer.
Yum.

This chili should be named Operation: Fartcrime
I knew the base would be browned onions. I didn't even think of mushrooms for a meat replacement though. You could probably get more milage out of adding portobellos. I don't particularly like cumin (my ex basically blasted everything with it), and I'd use worchestershire sauce instead of soy for umami. The lack of fresh peppers is a bit of a disappointment because you get the high notes with fresh peppers but I live in a LantinA neighborhood so they are probably easier for me to source.

I knew the base would be browned onions. I didn't even think of mushrooms for a meat replacement though. You could probably get more milage out of adding portobellos. I don't particularly like cumin (my ex basically blasted everything with it), and I'd use worchestershire sauce instead of soy for umami. The lack of fresh peppers is a bit of a disappointment because you get the high notes with fresh peppers but I live in a LantinA neighborhood so they are probably easier for me to source.
The poblano is fresh, though I don't see any reason why you couldn't use fresh ancho or chipotle (though I would likely substitute roasted Hatch green in for the chipotle chiles).

All in all, it's a fuckload of beans, with some relatively mild chiles. It ought to drive the mayosapiens around here crazy.

The poblano is fresh, though I don't see any reason why you couldn't use fresh ancho or chipotle (though I would likely substitute roasted Hatch green in for the chipotle chiles).

All in all, it's a fuckload of beans, with some relatively mild chiles. It ought to drive the mayosapiens around here crazy.
Yeah I wouldnt do chipolte. Habaneros, hatchs, and lime juice would punch it up. I feel like fresh is the way to go since it is veg. It's never going to be smoky like a beef chili.