Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I'm of the belief that mac and cheese is a side dish, not a main dish. Serve it on the plate beside ribs, pork chops, grilled chicken, lobster, whatever... it's a perfect pairing to a lot of good food.

Mixing lobster in a mac and cheese is like shredding your turkey and throwing it in with the mashed potatoes, and serving just that on the plate. I'm sure it tastes great but it just doesn't seem right, plus it eliminates the whole flavor contrast you get between the different things on your plate. Plus, I'm a purist with my mac and cheese. Make a good one with a nice choice of cheeses and a good sauce instead of trying to throw a bunch of shit in it to make it better.

All that being said, if you put a lobster mac and cheese in front of me, I'd eat the fuck out of it.

Dumb idea:

I'm gonna buy some grape and orange jello powder, and some plain clear Knox gelatin.

I'll make sheets of the grape/orange jello using the 'jigglers' recipe, then cut it out in teardrop shapes using a 3D printed cookie cutter. I suppose I could 3D print a mold but I think it'd be too much of a pain in the ass.

Then i'll arrange the grape/orange ones in a pan, then fill the tray with clear sweetened gelatin, maybe with some colorless flavor thrown in, and let that set. Then cut into squares.

Bam, jello "tide pods"

I'll eat like 10 in a video and post it on Facebook.

Dumb idea:

I'm gonna buy some grape and orange jello powder, and some plain clear Knox gelatin.

I'll make sheets of the grape/orange jello using the 'jigglers' recipe, then cut it out in teardrop shapes using a 3D printed cookie cutter. I suppose I could 3D print a mold but I think it'd be too much of a pain in the ass.

Then i'll arrange the grape/orange ones in a pan, then fill the tray with clear sweetened gelatin, maybe with some colorless flavor thrown in, and let that set. Then cut into squares.

Bam, jello "tide pods"

I'll eat like 10 in a video and post it on Facebook.
You'll need something to wrap them in. Maybe rice paper? Or some other starch based edible wrapper?