Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Thanks for the advice, dude. Cheers! Haven't bought a pork tenderloin in a year or so and honestly can't remember how we cooked it.

A guy told me about doing it that way like 20 years ago and it's worked ever since. Running the oven that hot with air all around the meat basically sears and cooks at the same time.

On a grill, same concept, hot, sear on 3 or 4 sides or however that works out on what is basically a cylinder of meat. Move it off fire to finish a few minutes if need be.

They take well to long liquid-ish or pasty marinades (like overnight) but a quicker dry rub, cooking them that hot, just amounts to burnt seasoning on the outside with little to none of that flavor on the inside.

I'm by no means an authority on it, just saying what I know works. Doesn't mean it's the only way that works.

7eed4c9e439aba0ad34b414686d313c1.jpg

kiko and i made chicken stir fry last night.
he loves this shit

Totally exposed. If in oven set grate on top of cake pan and tenderloin on top of that, so the hot air can get all around it. Still roll it over half way through for uniformity. Set oven to hot AF (425-450) and run it long enough to be food-safe. 40 minutes give or take. Fairly small window between not enough and too much.

The pan is just to catch the little bit of drips there might be instead of burning them on the bottom of the oven. There's is no real drippings or gravy.

That's how I cook em whole anyway, doesn't mean it's the only way. Get it right and they're juicy inside and great texture but again, not much leeway between really good and chalky.
You can also sous vide them, then quickly sear them in screamin hot cast iron.

I use different pans for different jobs.

Non-stick pan for the breakfast-frying daily driver.
Stainless pan for making roux, gravy, tangzhong, caramel, toasting sesame speeds/spices and other saucepan jobs.
Cast iron for searing shit, frying scallops/burgers/pork chops/whatever. And as a vessel for stuff like green bean casserole where it gets started stovetop and finished in the oven.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
I use different pans for different jobs.

Non-stick pan for the breakfast-frying daily driver.
Stainless pan for making roux, gravy, tangzhong, caramel, toasting sesame speeds/spices and other saucepan jobs.
Cast iron for searing shit, frying scallops/burgers/pork chops/whatever. And as a vessel for stuff like green bean casserole where it gets started stovetop and finished in the oven.

As you know nonstick coating causes cancer. The wife cheats and uses one when she fries an egg but I always use CI for breffust.