Food Is there a delicious food thread?

gee

Blame It On The Gassa Nova
Sep 29, 2012
Halifax
I have two crockpots with pork carnitas on the go in them, a food dehydrator with beef jerky in it, and an instant pot with yogurt in it, all side by side on the counter.

I should set the timer on the breadmaker so I set some kind of overnight kitchen appliance record.

• Gravy
Reactions: Valve1138 and adi

wetwillie

Butt Hamster
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
I have two crockpots with pork carnitas on the go in them, a food dehydrator with beef jerky in it, and an instant pot with yogurt in it, all side by side on the counter.

I should set the timer on the breadmaker so I set some kind of overnight kitchen appliance record.
Good man, we have confidence you can do this or have a coronary trying. :)
I want to know why instant pots don't have a setting for tempeh. FUckers! Yogurt setting is about 15f to high.

• Gravy
Reactions: adi

Domon

Robotic Dexter
May 19, 2011

That's a good amount of 20a circuits

gee

Blame It On The Gassa Nova
Sep 29, 2012
Halifax
Canada's the same as the US.

All of it's plugged into the same split-phase outlet. Instant pot is on one phase, a power bar with the two crockpots and the dehydrator on the other phase.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie

Ex' ange

Giant Member
Apr 7, 2018

Is the beef jerky worth the time? I bought a dehydrator to make snacks since we are home all the time. I mostly make dried fruit for the kids. I intended to do more vegetables for my own snacking, but it just doesn't do it for me. I could mess with some jerky, but it seems expensive and time consuming for the yield.

wetwillie

Butt Hamster
May 24, 2018
Mid MIchigan
Canada's the same as the US.

All of it's plugged into the same split-phase outlet. Instant pot is on one phase, a power bar with the two crockpots and the dehydrator on the other phase.
You wired it up? IF so, good man!! And a good idea for the kitchen.

Jehannum

HO HO HO METH GIANT
Jul 24, 2013
Albuquerque, NM
I've got a cast iron griddle pan, which I'm guessing would work on an induction cooktop if I owned one.
yep, so do I.

If I had an induction cooktop, I think it would also work on that.

It's just the Martha Stewart lineup one from the late '00s that was sold at K-mart.

Valve1138

I eat my own poo with a spoon
Oct 19, 2004
South Harmon Institute of Technology
Plopped our Lodge cast iron pan on the induction burner.

Works fine. Heats quick too.

Verified with a laser thermometer.

And now that I'm thinking about this, we have a Lodge griddle pan somewhere in the tailgate tub o stuff.

Probably needs to be reseasoned, but that's trivial.