Food The (not so) delicious food thread

I had 2 kolaches from 711 and a pabst blue ribbon for lunch. It was glorious. The complexity of flavors and the extent to which they complimented each other was solid michelin 3 star. Would do again.

• Gravy
  • Haha
Reactions: fly and wetwillie
BRownies - no big deal, right? HA - Black Bean Brownies. I know, that sounds disgusting but the recipe swore you wouldn't be able to tell. THey were right - moist and delicious. 15oz of drained black beans pureed, no flour, powder baking chocolate(low fat) . . . I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested.
20201029_160500 - Edited.jpg

BRownies - no big deal, right? HA - Black Bean Brownies. I know, that sounds disgusting but the recipe swore you wouldn't be able to tell. THey were right - moist and delicious. 15oz of drained black beans pureed, no flour, powder baking chocolate(low fat) . . . I'll post the recipe if anyone is interested.
View attachment 12730
Yes please. We have a ton of black beans

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
View attachment 12730

You need a food processor to mash them fine enough to be unrecognizable as beans?
If not I might try it and see if some people notice without telling them.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
gonna have to try this out next time I'm driving past a kurger bing.

9FNRRXp.jpg

• Haha
Reactions: Jehannum
They look like bologna and peanut butter sandwiches, with bologna for the bread and peanut butter in between.

I bet they taste just as good, too.

You need a food processor to mash them fine enough to be unrecognizable as beans?
If not I might try it and see if some people notice without telling them.
I didn't put in the chips, used erythritol for the sweetner, freshly pressure cooked(InstaP) beans, probably a bit more than they called for. Only egg whites, walnuts. A hair crumbly but much better the next day once it hunkered down. Not a trace of bean flavor, super chonky. Used the last one and the pan scrappings in a pancake. To die for.:heart:
Hips - blender was fine for doing the beans with all wet ingredients dumped in.
blackbeanbrownie_1.jpg

Last edited:
One of our favs too.
I was on an insane tempeh making kick about a month ago and tried many mixes of beans. Our favorite is 2 parts black bean, 2 parts pinto, 1 part black-eyed peas. My wife doesn't like black-eyed's but they hide nicely with the other 2 beans and add an earthy quality.