Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Found a really nice wild crabapple tree 2 weeks ago while hunting mushrooms, picked maybe 3-4 lbs, made some jelly. Stuff was so yumm, went back and got probably twice the amount. From what I read it's the premier thing for BRits to eat on their English muffies. @Dory ?
@fly - yes, now is the time to laugh at me for all the shit I might be ingesting from that wild stuff. :lol:
20201021_172300 - Edited.jpg

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Found a really nice wild crabapple tree 2 weeks ago while hunting mushrooms, picked maybe 3-4 lbs, made some jelly. Stuff was so yumm, went back and got probably twice the amount. From what I read it's the premier thing for BRits to eat on their English muffies. @Dory ?
@fly - yes, now is the time to laugh at me for all the shit I might be ingesting from that wild stuff. :lol:
View attachment 12707
Not sure what a crabapple is really but we do like jam on toast. We dont eat what you call english muffins all that much.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
Not sure what a crabapple is really but we do like jam on toast. We dont eat what you call english muffins all that much.
F'n Google, lied to me - again.
Crabapple = small (from 1cm to maybe 3cm across), red apples, fairly tart/bitter, the small trees are often planted as ornamentals despite the mess the fruit makes later. Part of most good ciders since apples just don't have any real bite to them. This is a fairly strong apple growing area so some of what I found appeared to be domesticated apple/crab crosses.

Lots of crabapple trees around here. They're all off the trees this time of the year but I made a bunch of crabapple jelly a month or so ago.

Also made honeycrisp jelly, that was good shit.

• Gravy
View attachment 12707
Nothing wrong with eating wild stuff you weirdo!

• Haha