Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Corelle is the worst in the manufacturing footprint . . . 3-4 separate firings because it's laminated glass. Albeit, that is offset in how many times they don't break compared to say, ceramic. Always something.
lol, we have Noritake ceramic plates, my grandmother's china plates, some fiestaware, and a load of corelle glass shit that my wife got from walmart when she was a sophomore in college.

I think we've broken 5 or 6 of the corelles, but only one of the noritake.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
I've been using the same set of corelle "hearthstone" plates I bought when I moved to NS in 2003. Definitely one of those 'buy it for life' things.

Really the only thing I find myself buying over and over again for the kitchen are non-stick frying pans.

Warped? :wtf:

edit: those look like the ones we buy at Sam’s.
might be a function of the flattop electric stove, but yeah, in less than 6 months all of em get a wobble to em and dont sit flat on the burner. And we're always careful not to temp shock them or anything

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie
lol, we have Noritake ceramic plates, my grandmother's china plates, some fiestaware, and a load of corelle glass shit that my wife got from walmart when she was a sophomore in college.

I think we've broken 5 or 6 of the corelles, but only one of the noritake.
You probably are more careful with the Noritake - probably used infrequently. We have some fancies of ceramic but have Corelle so old the paint is worn off in spots. Hers, mine and ours :lol:

Coatings - I like ceramic coatings a little. Not a lot. Too fucking temperamental - I don't consider them "non-stick", I think it's just the stippling of the surface breaks the adhesion. Of some foods better than others. :rolleyes: No teflon here unless on a dedicated appliance like a Easy Pot or waffle maker. I'd pay another $40+ for a stainless pot for my EasyP.

might be a function of the flattop electric stove, but yeah, in less than 6 months all of em get a wobble to em and dont sit flat on the burner. And we're always careful not to temp shock them or anything
Same on gas burners. They slam(press) those out of a flat blank, machining the edges and bottom for pretty. Full of tension. And the handles are almost always a thermal draw, so eternal stressors aren't even either. Chinese had it right - round bottom wok!