Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Supposed to get cold here in a couple days. Might break out ye olde crockpot and put together a batch of venison chili.
With beans mofos.
(Wussy cold not actual cold)

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant and adi
I put beans in my chili. Black beans + kidney beans usually.

Chili is all about tickling every part of your palate all at once - meaty, carb-y, tangy, spicy, savory, salty, sweet all at the same time. Beans thicken the chili, especially if you beat them up a bit and let them release their starch, which greatly helps the texture because watery chili fucking sucks.

• Gravy
Reactions: fly and HipHugHer
Fine. Make the chili with beans. FUck, I do too. Just wanted to see what purist battle might ensue. :fly:

I put beans in my chili. Black beans + kidney beans usually.

Chili is all about tickling every part of your palate all at once - meaty, carb-y, tangy, spicy, savory, salty, sweet all at the same time. Beans thicken the chili, especially if you beat them up a bit and let them release their starch, which greatly helps the texture because watery chili fucking sucks.
How do you feel about people putting corn meal in!!!!! Fight me!!

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Fine. Make the chili with beans. FUck, I do too. Just wanted to see what purist battle might ensue. :fly:

How do you feel about people putting corn meal in!!!!! Fight me!!
Makes sense to add it as a thickener, though corn starch should work better/easier and you won't have to cook it forever to make non-gritty chili.

Makes sense to add it as a thickener, though corn starch should work better/easier and you won't have to cook it forever to make non-gritty chili.
Cook forever? You must not make grits. Dried corn only takes 20 minutes to cook up soft. Take a look in the grocery store, almost every brand of chili seasoning(ditto for taco seasoning") has some cornmeal in it. Soaks up the color and flavor, just feels like super fine meat particles.
I only make chilli with beans

The chilli tofu last night was literally tofu with fresh chillies etc, not a chilli. I was just enjoying the enduring debate too much to clarify.
We out pedanticted the pedantites. Good job sister.

Last edited:
FWIW Popeyes is by far the best chicken place, here anyway, and the only one where I've never even once got a single piece that was still bloody by the bone or otherwise not cooked right.
And that's in 20 years of going to numerous different locations.
I'd be inclined to give them a pass on the whole registering official complaint stuff.
Instead rather mention it to the people there at that location next time you go. Let them know they've been great for 5 years running, really dropped the ball that one day but man you guys were getting slammed, I don't know how you kept up.
I bet they'll take care of you. No need to be bringing the corporate hammer down on their heads for a one time thing. I bet none of us could claim only having a single screwup per 5 years of doing whatever it is we do.

Also if you change your cheat day from Sunday to Tuesday you can get a leg & thigh for $1.49. Order however many you want and tell them to just throw it all in one box.

I think that may have been the first time I went there on a non-weekday. If I bother complaining, it won’t be local. That doesn’t work here, no matter how much diplomacy is employed. The receipt has an offer for free food if you take a survey online, so they’re inviting my flames.

Let me get this right. In one thread, a fast food job is meant for kids after skoo, or a springboard to a better job, or housewives adding to the income their hubbies bring home, but in this thread they have five year employees?

:waw: