Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Why would a GrubHub person be pouring you a drink?
Immi said the Popeyes chicken place was just handing the drivers empty glasses and having them fill the drinks to complete the orders on the way out.

Drink as in Pepsi or ice tea or whatever, not mixing a whiskey sour.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
More fast food whining.

Didn’t golf (again) yesterday so the roomie and I decided to go to Popeyes. Sunday is my cheat day so I allow myself to go over budget for a meal.

We ordered two $10 chicken tender boxes to go. It took 29 minutes for us to be called to the counter for our food after ordering. The place was swamped, mostly people ordering the new chicken sandwich. I saw one lunkhead order 12 of them through the drive-thru. Uber Eats and GrubHub picked up four orders ahead of ours and there were two more waiting behind us, so that system is really taking off. One order included drinks and when the cashier handed the cups to the delivery guy, he grabbed them by the lip with the same hand he had down his pants on the way to the restaurant.

Upon arriving home, we discovered several items were missing. It’s a standing rule that we check drive-thru orders before leaving the premises, but we didn’t yesterday. That figures. No dipping sauces for the tenders, missing one cole slaw, and one order was short a biscuit. $20 order, not what I consider budget-friendly.

Yes, I’ll be emailing them later and expect to be compensated somewhat.

Motherfucker! Lesson learned, don’t go to Popeyes on a Sunday. We’ve been going there for five years and have never been shorted or dissatisfied in any way, so this was a little frustrating.

FWIW Popeyes is by far the best chicken place, here anyway, and the only one where I've never even once got a single piece that was still bloody by the bone or otherwise not cooked right.
And that's in 20 years of going to numerous different locations.
I'd be inclined to give them a pass on the whole registering official complaint stuff.
Instead rather mention it to the people there at that location next time you go. Let them know they've been great for 5 years running, really dropped the ball that one day but man you guys were getting slammed, I don't know how you kept up.
I bet they'll take care of you. No need to be bringing the corporate hammer down on their heads for a one time thing. I bet none of us could claim only having a single screwup per 5 years of doing whatever it is we do.

Also if you change your cheat day from Sunday to Tuesday you can get a leg & thigh for $1.49. Order however many you want and tell them to just throw it all in one box.

• Gravy
Reactions: wetwillie