Food The (not so) delicious food thread

this is a decent recipe

Firstly I love your individual breakdown so will respond.

Victoria sponge is like your basic bitch sponge cake woman. Probably named after the queen I imagine.

Kedgeree is a nice fish dish

Haggis is amazing when done properly.

Chicken tikka masala is 100% British bitch, just because you're not white didn't mean you cant invent food here homie. It wasnt a dish back in India, it became a dish here so its ours

I have no idea what else trifle could mean and it makes me sad you guys don't have trifle.

Pasty is a pastry. The cornish pasty originally was for miners and contained your whole meal inside pastry, savoury stuff one end and sweet the other.

Crumpets have no resemblance to crackers . They're a porous bresd type circle you toast and put butter on for breakfast and are delicious.

Not just blood sausage but Irish white pudding is a sausage as are Lincolnshire, Cumberland etc. All very tastes with their own special flavourings.

Stews are from all over the UK.

Yes kidneys thr organ. It's a very popular type of pie filling in the UK.

Game pie is generally venison or types of bird like partridge, quail etc. From what k recall

Apple piss is ours bitch.

Literally just pie with chicken and mushroom inside. Again, very popular filling choice.

ok so basically i’d u wanna lose weight, i should go to the UK cuz all the food is groce and i won’t be eating it except the Tea

Sent from my iPhone using TapaCaCaz

Just stop eating anything associated with beef and climate change would have changed significantly by now.

"Eating local beef or lamb has many times the carbon footprint of most other foods. Whether they are grown locally or shipped from the other side of the world matters very little for total emissions.

Transport typically accounts for less than 1% of beef’s GHG emissions: choosing to eat local has very minimal effects on its total footprint. You might think this figure is strongly dependent on where in the world you live, and how far your beef will have to travel, but in the ‘dropdown box’ below I work through an example to show why it doesn’t make a lot of difference.

Whether you buy it from the farmer next door or from far away, it is not the location that makes the carbon footprint of your dinner large, but the fact that it is beef.

In a study published in Environmental Science & Technology, Christopher Weber and Scott Matthews (2008) investigated the relative climate impact of food miles and food choices in households in the US.5 Their analysis showed that substituting less than one day per week’s worth of calories from beef and dairy products to chicken, fish, eggs, or a plant-based alternative reduces GHG emissions more than buying all your food from local sources."

etc. etc.

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
One of my friends went to teach english in Korea, started dating a local chick.

He had dogs growing up, pretty much his best friend in his teens/university years was his border collie.

He got invited over to local chick's parents for dinner, they put in a pile of work cooking up a big elaborate fabulous dinner for him to come over... and it was dog. He couldn't do it. I couldn't do it either, to be honest.

Just stop eating anything associated with beef and climate change would have changed significantly by now.

"Eating local beef or lamb has many times the carbon footprint of most other foods. Whether they are grown locally or shipped from the other side of the world matters very little for total emissions.

Transport typically accounts for less than 1% of beef’s GHG emissions: choosing to eat local has very minimal effects on its total footprint. You might think this figure is strongly dependent on where in the world you live, and how far your beef will have to travel, but in the ‘dropdown box’ below I work through an example to show why it doesn’t make a lot of difference.

Whether you buy it from the farmer next door or from far away, it is not the location that makes the carbon footprint of your dinner large, but the fact that it is beef.

In a study published in Environmental Science & Technology, Christopher Weber and Scott Matthews (2008) investigated the relative climate impact of food miles and food choices in households in the US.5 Their analysis showed that substituting less than one day per week’s worth of calories from beef and dairy products to chicken, fish, eggs, or a plant-based alternative reduces GHG emissions more than buying all your food from local sources."

etc. etc.
We'd be in big fucking trouble if everyone stopped eating meat.

What, the angry herds of cattle would rampage the streets in protest at not being slaughtered? We produce more grain and soy for animal feed than we do to feed humans. Theres more than enough produce to feed people if meat was off the menu my dude.
There's a TON of problems with this, from lack of important nutrients in a vegan diet to how to fertilize all these plants to converting over entire industries. But sure, STOP EATING MEAT LOL.

You can argue all you want, and you're certainly free to not eat meet. However, I'll continue to enjoy life as a healthy omnivore, as will many others. Nothing else makes sense in a world of (eventually) 11 billion people.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
There's a TON of problems with this, from lack of important nutrients in a vegan diet to how to fertilize all these plants to converting over entire industries. But sure, STOP EATING MEAT LOL.

You can argue all you want, and you're certainly free to not eat meet. However, I'll continue to enjoy life as a healthy omnivore, as will many others. Nothing else makes sense in a world of (eventually) 11 billion people.

Dude, her dogs eat cow...