Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Made "lamb of god" tonight.

1 boneless lamb shoulder from costco.
Rubbed all over in a paste made with 2 tbsp butter + 1 sprig rosemary + 2 cloves crushed garlic + bunch of salt/pepper.
Sous vided at 134F for about 8 hours.
Then 450F convection oven for about 10 minutes to put a crust on it.
Served with mint sauce and lemon roasted potatoes the gf threw together.

It's soooo tender. Not quite falling apart but you don't need a fork. And perfect medium rare. The gf and I easily ate a pound of it each and now we both feel like garbage.

350 million chickens killed to feed people watching the superbowl tonight.

How does that sit with people?

My roomie is a meat dept employee at a local grocery chain and he said they received a 3000 lb chicken order Friday.

I must admit, after watching the meat episode of “explained” on the Netflix, every time I pick up a piece of chicken I question my choices. It was somebody’s child.

My roomie is a meat dept employee at a local grocery chain and he said they received a 3000 lb chicken order Friday.

I must admit, after watching the meat episode of “explained” on the Netflix, every time I pick up a piece of chicken I question my choices. It was somebody’s child.
It's just pretty gross all round. The KFC vegan burger is great though.

what else ya gonna do with em?
Let em roam and be free like in many other countries rather than slaughtering more animals per day than all humans have died in every war collectively since the start of humanity perhaps.

#mytwocents

Also did I mention then world is burning and upwards of 18% of carbon emissions are from the cattle and dairy industry. That.

Chickens are not so bad for the environment but it's a cruel industry nonetheless

• Gravy
Reactions: Immigrant
Another item touched on in the meat show (hehe) was with so many developing countries adding meat to their diets and population increases, it will be impossible to raise enough animals for food in a few decades, like 3. Maybe 2.

If I were a younger man, I’d be eyeing a plant-based diet now, especially for the kids.

Think of the children.