Food The (not so) delicious food thread

Audience Inquiry -

What would you order off this menu?

Wine list is a whole 'nother .PDF but figure $12-$20 per glass for regular stuff.

I'm thinking the bar snacks and appetizers can all go to hell.

Maine Halibut entree seems good.

Wild Mushrooms for a side.

Bullfighter or Santa Ana for a cocktail.

Audience Inquiry -

Wine list is a whole 'nother .PDF but figure $12-$20 per glass for regular stuff.

Nothing is really grabbing me, honestly.

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer
Audience Inquiry -

I'd try everything except the ratatouille in case it's authentic .

• Gravy
Audience Inquiry -

id go for one of the following apps

Heirloom Tomato & Stonefruit Salad
stracciatella, basil, cracked black pepper, aged cabernet vinegar
$22
Salmon Belly Crudo
cucumber, radish, melon vinaigrette
$18
Beef Tartare
green peppercorn aioli, cornichons, sourdough toast

and then the

Atlantic Salmon
kohlrabi, sorrel, pickled red onion, gastrique

Dessert:
Sweet Cream Panna Cotta
12yr aged balsamic vinegar

• Gravy
Thanks all.

That place is not too far from where the wife will be staying. Not a sure thing but a possibility.

The little (south Texas) woman is going to NYC for the first time. Should try some fancy food there but trying to help her not have a bad time blowing money on something she doesn't know what it is and finds disgusting or just wtf. Like raw meat , or octopus, etc.

• Gravy
Reactions: Frau Blugher
Thanks all.

That place is not too far from where the wife will be staying. Not a sure thing but a possibility.

The little (south Texas) woman is going to NYC for the first time. Should try some fancy food there but trying to help her not have a bad time blowing money on something she doesn't know what it is and finds disgusting or just wtf. Like raw meat , or octopus, etc.
Find the show "Best _____ I Ever Ate" and watch half a dozen episodes. Guaranteed that two to three of the chefs interviewed per episode will say something in NYC

• Gravy
Reactions: HipHugHer and adi
Find the show "Best _____ I Ever Ate" and watch half a dozen episodes. Guaranteed that two to three of the chefs interviewed per episode will say something in NYC

Thanks for that. I'll look up some suggestions if there's time. Her friend that's taking her has been before, to NYC in general, maybe not that particular place. , Has a little more experience with it.

To clarify I'm looking at that from her perspective. I'd likely try more or different things but there still isn't a whole lot that says "man I gotta try that".

I'll add duck wings, maybe some artisan cheeses, herbed dumplings, maybe the yellowtail.

• Gravy
Reactions: nukes and Immigrant
To clarify I'm looking at that from her perspective. I'd likely try more or different things but there still isn't a whole lot that says "man I gotta try that".

I'll add duck wings, maybe some artisan cheeses, herbed dumplings, maybe the yellowtail.

I agree with your halibut choice. You don’t go to NYC from Texas for a steak.

• Gravy
Thanks for that. I'll look up some suggestions if there's time. Her friend that's taking her has been before, to NYC in general, maybe not that particular place. , Has a little more experience with it.
Honestly, for NYC you could probably just get on Yelp or Google or whatever your favorite review site is and set the ratings for anything above 4/5 stars or 9/10 and you're going to be good. Place is cutthroat as fuck for restaurants and the cream definitely rises.

• Gravy
Honestly, for NYC you could probably just get on Yelp or Google or whatever your favorite review site is and set the ratings for anything above 4/5 stars or 9/10 and you're going to be good. Place is cutthroat as fuck for restaurants and the cream definitely rises.

Kinda figured that out somewhat anyway. Overwhelmed with choices. Googled something like "nice restaurants in Manhattan", at first just to get some idea of a ballpark budget. That one happened to be close to where they're staying. Not as high-end as some but fancy to us.

After that and a couple others, one entirely in French, I'm like OK I need to translate this into commoner talk and make her a cheat sheet, lol.