Ontopic Is the US in denial over its 14tn debt?

It's all funny money. No one actually cares about national debts, collecting on them, or whether anyone defaults. No one. 100 years from now when the U.S. is "800 quadrillion dollars in debt" people will still be panicked for no reason.

But its not funny money. Its real money that the government owes and makes (interest) payments on to investors. At the rate we're going now, we WILL eventually default.
There is truth to what Sarcasmo says actually. All money is inherently valueless, it is the fact that the US has XXXhundred million taxpayers and enough military capacity to wipe any arbitrary country off the face of the earth that gives it value.

Well, regardless if you believe it or not, its true. Not all debt is owned by by some server in China. I personally own $4,300 in VFISX, which holds treasury bonds, in my retirement account. For now, those are ones and zeroes for me, but there are PLENTY of Americans getting paid from those same bonds right now.
You know it's cheaper just to buy EE bonds and TIPS right? Not to mention paper bonds look awesome.

because of the erroneous and historically inaccurate notion that personal income tax breaks for the wealthy translate to more job creation within our borders

Who said anything about jobs? Hopefully a penny of the billion they would pay goes towards my sons school or to positive research.

If I got to pay x amount of taxes because of the law then they should have to do the same thing.

full_1299883934wealth.poverty.jpg

Some of taxes breaks on the wealthy side help keep prices down. I just thought the picture was interesting with numbers and stuff.

Last edited:
Who said anything about jobs? Hopefully a penny of the billion they would pay goes towards my sons school or to positive research.

If I got to pay x amount of taxes because of the law then they should have to do the same thing.

http://pre.cloudfront.goodinc.com/p...ns, bonds, limited stock, retirement funding.

Last edited:
No one loves rich people more than Americans.

No one hates rich people more than Americans.
while this is true, people don't exactly hate rich people simply for being rich. a number of fucktarded treehugging femnazi hippy douchecanoes do but the majority of the hatred only comes from rich people being rich then complaining that they're about to lose a summer home or a yacht if they have to pay a couple percentage points more in taxes. boo to the fucking hoo

Uhh... Not really interested in paying a penalty to withdraw money from my IRA to buy EE bonds. Something tells me its not worth it.

Withdraw some money from my IRA, just make sure you get it back by the deadline.

Real-IRA-006.jpg