Is it just me?

:lol:

I just got done posting on this topic on another site and no it's not just you.

Excerpt from my argument:

FlamingGlory said:
Originally Posted By HoustonHusker:
Originally Posted By FlamingGlory:
Originally Posted By FlamingGlory:
Originally Posted By skinnysarge79:
I think she uses the same fact checking service as some people on Arfcom.
Her @$$.

Sooo...how many books have YOU written? How many times have you been in the national news? How many shows have you been on?

Didn't think so.

HH
Get over it. She's just a loud mouthed sensationalist who happens to be conservative instead of liberal. It is neat seeing them squirm when someone reverses the tactics but it doesnt make her any less raving.
Riiiiiiiiight. Now..if you could articulate YOUR position as well then you, too, could write books, get on shows and have a high-profile position, too! [;)]

HH
If you searched my posts you'd find that I can articulate my position very well. I don't and have never felt the need to be the mouthpiece of a movement, or to write books etc. The fact I don't do it doesnt mean I cant. There are other people for that role and it's ont my interest.

Another failure with that argument is most books arent submitted whole. They are outlines, if the publisher thinks it will sell, i.e. they can make money on it, they will publish it. Then it is written and edited. It's the same as any other media market.

I was just pointing out that raving. Which is undeniably what she does, is tiresome. It doesnt make her any less of a writer or whatever it is her job exactly is but the inability or lack of desire to make a formal flawless argument on any topic is very immature. Though that is what our news has devolved to. Question is, is she just a product of the system?

Who knows.

Sorry, FG...I might have been a smartassy with my comment. You clearly have the ability to articulate your position, although I still think she represents conservative views very well, and she calls a spade a spade. No one is 100% right, but I really think she spot on more than almost anyone I can think of.

HH

Last edited:
Candy said:
OMG - I heard her on the Shawn Hannady (sp?) show earlier today; it was disgusting. He is as much of a douchbag as she is.

No it's not just you. I see the resemblance.
Am I the only person here who doesnt watch FOX news? Jesus christ.

She is the perfect spokeswoman for the Right. On the Today show yesterday, it took her no less than 30 seconds to respond to any question Matt Lauer tossed at her and most of the responses were, "I don't know."

I've never seen an interview with her, but if this is the norm I understand why she speaks for the President's side.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4xv05FK69KU Jesus.

ceiling fly said:
She is the perfect spokeswoman for the Right. On the Today show yesterday, it took her no less than 30 seconds to respond to any question Matt Lauer tossed at her and most of the responses were, "I don't know."

I've never seen an interview with her, but if this is the norm I understand why she speaks for the President's side.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4xv05FK69KU Jesus.
Actually she talks just like most other commentators... No matter which side they are on. Ever seen an Al Franken interview? Same shit, different angle.

Also, Michael Moore.. Actually I could probably find hundreds of others who are just as bad on both sides. That isnt what's important, it's what sells that is important.

Candy said:
Am talk radio. I've never actually watched his program although I am sure he is just as bad on TV.
I'm the most right wing person here goddammit. I listen to NPR :p

FlamingGlory said:
Am I the only person here who doesnt watch FOX news? Jesus christ.

I watch it whenever I'm feeling down on myself about not being a suitable patriot off battling America's foes. I find it practically picks me up off the floor and hands me my machine gun.

Sarcasmo said:
I watch it whenever I'm feeling down on myself about not being a suitable patriot off battling America's foes. I find it practically picks me up off the floor and hands me my machine gun.
I just get drunk and watch war movies in the dark when I feel that way. :D

I cant stand any news programs. They all have an agenda. The only thing I listen to is BBC World Service. I read the comics in the paper. Everything else has to be brought to my attention by someone I deem worthy.

She's hilarious, really.

Just goes to show the quality of your news if they actually have her as a pundit, or interview her on any topic. As for books, any idiot can write and sell a book. Take a look at Jordan here in the UK. They don't interview her on world affairs though, which is more than can be said for AWESOME American news media.

Galen said:
She's hilarious, really.

Just goes to show the quality of your news if they actually have her as a pundit, or interview her on any topic. As for books, any idiot can write and sell a book. Take a look at Jordan here in the UK. They don't interview her on world affairs though, which is more than can be said for AWESOME American news media.

Media in America isn't supposed to relate events. It's supposed to entertain. Have you ever been to America? Do you recall how pop culture is infused in every single aspect of life in this country? America is the universal center of instant gratification and misplaced adoration. If there's a more superficial and puerile culture or species on another planet somewhere I challenge them to show their faces.

Sarcasmo said:
Media in America isn't supposed to relate events. It's supposed to entertain. Have you ever been to America? Do you recall how pop culture is infused in every single aspect of life in this country? America is the universal center of instant gratification and misplaced adoration. If there's a more superficial and puerile culture or species on another planet somewhere I challenge them to show their faces.
Well put, I realize now :p

Galen said:
Well put, I realize now :p
Same argument could be said about the UK of course. How your haircut affects what kind of person you are still baffles me.

FlamingGlory said:
Same argument could be said about the UK of course. How your haircut affects what kind of person you are still baffles me.

Emo-Day.jpg