Is It Just Me or Does This Parenting Style Kick Ace?

what are you talking about? some kids just don't respond to parental discipline. she's making an effort to set her son straight. doesn't that effort count for something? i don't think you have any way of knowing what she was or wasn't doing. all i know for sure is the effort she gave in this example.
o_O

No. Some parents make no effort. You really think she's the um... struggling type just trying to do the right thing? Luckily not all news outlets are as discreet about details as CNN:

http://www.wistv.com/Global/story.asp?S=5774586&nav=0RaPXRrw

Let's review:

Mother has a different last name than the son; Brandon Jones/Brandi Ervin.

Mother by her own admission had him WHEN SHE WAS 15.

The school board is thinking about kicking him out.

Other associated details etc.

Colour me judged; she is not a fit parent and her ill begot offspring resemble her mistake of a life. Before the massive waves of criticism come my way for calling it this way I may point out that when you call the cops on something and it gets picked up by the AP everyone in the world suddenly has an opinion on you.

o_O

No. Some parents make no effort. You really think she's the um... struggling type just trying to do the right thing? Luckily not all news outlets are as discreet about details as CNN:

Let's review:

Colour me judged; she is not a fit parent and her ill begot offspring resemble her mistake of a life. Before the massive waves of criticism come my way for calling it this way I may point out that when you call the cops on something and it gets picked up by the AP everyone in the world suddenly has an opinion on you.

Maybe she has everything going against her due to her poor judgment and decision making skills, but at least shes trying to better him. Better late than never.

You guys ever go to the grocery store and sometimes they have these jars for kids with all manner of diseases and you read on the jar about their lives and it's like one big sad story and then you think "I don't have time for this, the Jews have Bubbles, we've gotta get her out of there!"

I love how you always lighten up a situation in threads. :heard:

what are you talking about? some kids just don't respond to parental discipline. she's making an effort to set her son straight. doesn't that effort count for something? i don't think you have any way of knowing what she was or wasn't doing. all i know for sure is the effort she gave in this example.

All has to do with this quote:

"He's been going through life doing things ... and getting away with it."

why was he getting away with it? why was she letting him get away with it in the past?

You guys ever go to the grocery store and sometimes they have these jars for kids with all manner of diseases and you read on the jar about their lives and it's like one big sad story and then you think "I don't have time for this, the Jews have Bubbles, we've gotta get her out of there!"

I have no idea what you are talking about, but I like you.

It was my first impression when reading this that the kid is 12 and I think that's a little old to begin trying to discipline him. What's wrong with the parent that she didn't start sooner? Sigh. Oh well, I hope this worked out for them.

o_O

Let's review:

your post is waaaaaaaaay judgmental and you are pulling assumptions out of facts.

so what if she had him at 15? good mothers are possible at any age.

there could be a number of reasons why she's a single mom. i'd be one too if my husband/SO beat me or was in any way upsetting to me.

it's very possible to be a good parent and STILL have a child who is horrible by nature. some discipline is not effective on some children. doesn't mean the parent's not trying. it's also very possible she's not a good mother, is effortless, is lazy, or simply does not know HOW to be a mother.
regardless of whether she's been a good mother in the past or not, she's making an effort right now. i commend her for that. i don't imagine it'd be easy to piss off, hurt, anger and scare the person you care most for in this world.

I know lots of girls who had kids in high school or in their early teens. One unplanned pregnancy doesn't make them shitty or irresponsible parents. Most of them are awesome and possess a great deal of resolve and inner strength, as I imagine would be pretty necessary in that situation.

I know lots of girls who had kids in high school or in their early teens. One unplanned pregnancy doesn't make them shitty or irresponsible parents. Most of them are awesome and possess a great deal of resolve and inner strength, as I imagine would be pretty necessary in that situation.
Dude, they're whores. Whores have no redeeming qualities, outside of a easy access yet floppy vagina.