Is going to work nakid on my first day acceptable?

FlamingGlory said:
I wonder why on a forum of mostly men she'd ask...

And why all the men are responding with suggestions. :fly:

I'm going to go buy me all new clothes come Januaryish after I've completely lost all my baby weight and have toned up a little bit. It's going to be fun. Luckily, I don't have to waste my money on work clothes, they can all be for me.

kiwi said:
And why all the men are responding with suggestions. :fly:

I'm going to go buy me all new clothes come Januaryish after I've completely lost all my baby weight and have toned up a little bit. It's going to be fun. Luckily, I don't have to waste my money on work clothes, they can all be for me.

Januaryish? Is the czech? :fly:

bast_imret said:
too bad you just missed the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale. They had some good deals on some of their clothes. JJ bought a bunch of stuff for work.
Oooh option B:
Bra/panty garter set for first day... that could work :p

Sarcasmo said:
Which is perfect. I can help you shop for bras and teddies at Victorias Secret and go into the changing room with you.

Gay guys are great for that, but I still don't think I would let one in because he was my "girlfriend.

theacoustician said:
Don't buy anything too nice till you know the place. Dressing too nice raises eyebrows in someplaces (ie. where does she get the money for those clothes on her salary). Just buy something to get you by for a while and slowly start replacing your wardrobe over time with nicer stuff if you still feel there is a need.

this is true. I wore nice slacks and nice button up shirts when I began my job. Now, I'm in jeans 50% of the time.

All the recommended places I would go to shop for less have already been mentioned. Therefore, I will offer the anti-black post. I you truely want to stray from black and like dark colors, I would suggest a violet spectrum in hues such as eggplant, maroon or plum. You can still wear these with black if you mix them with off whites, creams, champaigns and golds for either a shirt, cami, or an accent sash in the opposing colors for your hair, neck or belt.

If you wish to stray a little more towards the brighter side, go with a lighter shade of earth tones like tans, beige, sage, and sky blue. These will go nicely with the off white etc I mentioned earlier. And if you still want to vear towards the darker side, I recommend combining some of these with burnt browns and olive or emerald greens.

You could also go with a lavender. That usually accents dark hair quite well.

Edit: Oh, if you're feeling bold and magically develope protruding folicles in your hindquarters, go for a burnt orange skirt, cream cami and yellow accesories, i.e. a not to bright yellow shawl, would be an interesting combination.

..gawd, I'm SUCH a girl.

I think I'm going to yak now.

Last edited:
D'oh! I would have a better idea if you would post a pic of your lovely self. If you want, you canpm me a few. This will definitely help me in the style category. omitted smilies

Add-on: Damn me and my hindsight...

I have to balance myself now and go shoot or kick the crap outta someone.thing....

Hey, wait, BeeRad resides close to my work....heheheheheheh

Last edited:
thrawn said:
Another road in the forest?
Security at a University bookstore.

Stop or I'll lock the doors!

Seriously I'm getting paid $9.50 an hour to watch/help half naked sorority girls find their Art 101 books.

I'd recommend Gap or the like.

Banana Republic has absolutly stinking clothing and should be avoided. I know they're owned by Gap, but must be operated by Romani gypsies peddling their wears to gullible students and the like.

Banana Republic just fits some peoples styles. I like their clothes for example simply because they are so basic and simple. I never shop there however because they are way too expensive for what you get. The same goes with Express. I only shop there when its on sale.

If you think its gay then fuck you but its what I like.

Well I went shopping today. Found a few really cute things.

My trip included:

From Anne Taylor Loft:
Houndstooth skirt
Maroon fitted sweater type thing
Navy Blue(ish) short sleeved button up shirt (tres cute)

Nordstrom:
Black BCBGirl pumps

Victorias secret:
The Body Bra (couldn't help myself)

Express:
Navy Blue dress pants

I still need a pair of black pants and a few more shirts. Colours seem to be really drab this year. Nothing but black and white and navy. There are nothing but plain button up shirts and I don't really like those. Because I'm bigger chested, I need a bigger size, and it ends up being bigger and sloppy looking through the body.

It's still really warm here, so I don't want to buy a ton of long sleeved stuf- as I'll most likely die from the walk to my building (2 blocks)

But thanks for all the ideas. I'll gradually add on to everything and it will build up really quickly. I hope anyway...