Is going to work nakid on my first day acceptable?

theacoustician said:
You could buy a month worth of work clothes at Kohl's for $500.
Yea I wish I had 500 bucks to spend there. Kohl's is like the Dell of clothing stores.

And Dell is the Kohl's of computers I guess :o

fly said:
Probably best to stay away from Banana Republic for now. Express guys usually have good sales, I can only assume that the womens is the same. For shoes on the cheap, I really love some Cloud 9s.
Banana has great sales- Their stuff is pretty cheap when on sale.

The problem is, I would rather spend a little more on the classic pieces that I know will last forever. So thats what I was thinking, get the basics and then worry about the cute trendy stuff later.

Maybe not though :(

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Banana has great sales- Their stuff is pretty cheap when on sale.

The problem is, I would rather spend a little more on the classic pieces that I know will last forever. So thats what I was thinking, get the basics and then worry about the cute trendy stuff later.

Maybe not though :(
Don't buy anything too nice till you know the place. Dressing too nice raises eyebrows in someplaces (ie. where does she get the money for those clothes on her salary). Just buy something to get you by for a while and slowly start replacing your wardrobe over time with nicer stuff if you still feel there is a need.

theacoustician said:
Don't buy anything too nice till you know the place. Dressing too nice raises eyebrows in someplaces (ie. where does she get the money for those clothes on her salary). Just buy something to get you by for a while and slowly start replacing your wardrobe over time with nicer stuff if you still feel there is a need.
yup

conversely, dressing nicer than everyone else can instantly set you apart from the pack to management and that could get you a promotion over someone equally qualified but who dresses like shit...if you look professional people will perceive you as actually being more professional too, imo

why_ask_why said:
conversely, dressing nicer than everyone else can instantly set you apart from the pack to management and that could get you a promotion over someone equally qualified but who dresses like shit...if you look professional people will perceive you as actually being more professional too, imo
True, but that's why you need to get to know the place first.

why_ask_why said:

It's true. I need some nicer clothes, I'm not going anywhere!

why_ask_why said:

Yeah... fuck you, Adam Smith! Take your meritocracy and shove it up your shriveled, skeletal, ass!

theacoustician said:
You do you need breasts? Aren't you girly enough, as is?

If I had tits, I wouldn't need a woman. I could lie in bed, watch t.v., and suck on my own nipples.

too bad you just missed the Victoria's Secret Semi-Annual Sale. They had some good deals on some of their clothes. JJ bought a bunch of stuff for work.

Desslock said:
Walmart has many fine fashionable clothes at low prices.:fly:

They actually do have some decent things but its more for casual wear than professional when it comes to women. She probably would do better at Target. They actually do have some professional looking clothes in some of the bigger stores.

I also recommend Marshalls and TJ Maxx along with Kohls. The idea that they have shitty clothes is kind of a myth.