Is going to work nakid on my first day acceptable?

*Fuxx Burger*

Flaccid Member
Jan 20, 2005
Portland OR
Marklar
₥0
Ok so by now you all know that I'm going to be starting work in 2 weeks. Problem is, between college, and just not working a "real" job, I don't really have any good work cloths and I need some.

At this point my dressy wardrobe includes a pair of gray dress pants, brown pumps, black shoes and that's about it (sad eh?) But I've got casual cloths coming out of my ying yang.

I'm looking for good basics here- Until I start working I don't have a ton of money to spend (around $500)- Once I start working I can work on adding to my collection of stuff. But for now I need some good basics (and in what colours) to start off with.

Few things I was thinking about:
Good black Dress pants
Pencil skirt (black maybe?)
Few cardigan/sweater sets (noticed Banana Republic has some nice ones right now)

And what else?? I tend to only buy black, and I'm desperatly trying to get out of that.

Also looking to buy one good pair of shoes to start (I've got a great pair of brown pumps, so I'm thinking maybe a black pair to start off with??)

Also, where should I be looking?

Really looking for some sugggestions here.

Thanks!!

theacoustician said:
You could buy a month worth of work clothes at Kohl's for $500.
Same here.

My dress code at work is pretty stiff: nice button shirt, tie, slack, and dress shoes - I buy all of my dress shirts, slacks, belts and socks at Kohl's and I save a shit load. I do however go to fancy Macy's (when there is a sale) to buy my ties - The look and make of a cheap ass tie is painfully obvious to me, so I tend to spend a little more on ties - but anyway, I agree with theac, if you know what you're doing you can get work close for cheap.

The ony excpetion would probably be a job in advertising where you clothes make or break you.

*Fuxx Burger* said:
Yeah.....

I should add that I actually want cloths that feel nice on my skin- ones that wont fall apart after their first wash.
I haven't had a problem with Kohl's quality - I've got two or three pairs of black slacks (some with pin strips, etc) from some Kohl brand called "Apartment 9" that have held up better than some of my Hugo stuff from Nordstroms

OOooooOOooh! Yew want clothes what feels nice against your skin! Well la-tee-daa. Tell Mater and Pater that no, I won't be attending this evening's box social, thank-you-very-much! I've got to run to the clothier for more hoop-skirts and corsets and lacy socks for my latest enterprise.

For me I tend to get all of my dress shirts at Sears because they have Arrow and I like almost all Arrow shirts. It is very hard to suggest for a woman though but I would have to say Ross would be the ultimate place for everyone to get nice cheap work clothes.

elpmis said:
I haven't had a problem with Kohl's quality - I've got two or three pairs of black slacks (some with pin strips, etc) from some Kohl brand called "Apartment 9" that have held up better than some of my Hugo stuff from Nordstroms
humm, maybe I'll look there then. One just opened about 5 miles from our home (if that even)

I actually have heard basically this alot this year...

Colors for 2006 will be warmer, clearer and brighter, according to the color designers at CMG. Reddened oranges will replace coppery hues; yellows will gain importance; blues will dramatically recede; and complex neutrals will add sophistication and luxury to the 2006 Consumer Color Palette.

Probably best to stay away from Banana Republic for now. Express guys usually have good sales, I can only assume that the womens is the same. For shoes on the cheap, I really love some Cloud 9s.

itburnswhenipee said:
OOooooOOooh! Yew want clothes what feels nice against your skin! Well la-tee-daa. Tell Mater and Pater that no, I won't be attending this evening's box social, thank-you-very-much! I've got to run to the clothier for more hoop-skirts and corsets and lacy socks for my latest enterprise.

:lol: