Is Drool leaving Houston?

Sarcasmo

A Taste Of Honey Fluff Boy
Mar 28, 2005
Austin
Marklar
₥663
I should be seeing Rita by Saturday night with winds in excess of 75 mph in the DFW area, according to various weather reports. All of my friends in Houston are leaving today (or left last night) now that that bad bitch is a Category 5.

Run Drool, RUUUUUUUUUN!!!! :omy:

Did he mention leaving at all? I don't recall off the top of my head. Hope his wife and his bike are gonna be okay...

theacoustician said:
That's really really stupid. You should try to talk them in to visiting you in Tampa for a while.
They think they are far enough away from the coast... I agree, it's not smart... why chance it?

Lord Flaccid said:
I should be seeing Rita by Saturday night with winds in excess of 75 mph in the DFW area, according to various weather reports. All of my friends in Houston are leaving today (or left last night) now that that bad bitch is a Category 5.

Run Drool, RUUUUUUUUUN!!!! :omy:

Did he mention leaving at all? I don't recall off the top of my head. Hope his bike and his wife are gonna be okay...

you had Bike and Wife mixed up.. we need them in order of importance here..

i fixed it for you

April23 said:
My parents decided not to evacuate... wtf is up with that? stubborn.

Yeah - after Katrina you'd think people would care alittle more about themselves. It really sucks after the storm too - no electric\food\clean water.

April23 said:
They think they are far enough away from the coast... I agree, it's not smart... why chance it?
I'm sure they'll make it through ok, but why would you want to sit around and deal with flooding, shortages at stores, and lack of utilities.

gottoys? said:
Yeah - after Katrina you'd think people would care alittle more about themselves. It really sucks after the storm too - no electric\food\clean water.

I know I know.... I told them this, but there is nothing I can say to make them go. =(

April23 said:
I know I know.... I told them this, but there is nothing I can say to make them go. =(
Tell them to fill the bathtub and stand in it. How long did it take before they were tired of standing around up to their knees in water? Yeah.

gottoys? said:

This storm is more powerful than Katrina. 170+ mph winds. You have to be a good 200 miles inland to not get completely screwed by that kind of maelstrom. April's parents need to just drive northwest for a couple of hours and get a motel room somewhere.

Lord Flaccid said:
This storm is more powerful than Katrina. 170+ mph winds. You have to be a good 200 miles inland to not get completely screwed by that kind of maelstrom. April's parents need to just drive northwest for a couple of hours and get a motel room somewhere.
Cat 5s don't hit the coast. It will be a 4 before it hits, not that a 4 is any better

bananiac yellow said:
you had Bike and Wife mixed up.. we need them in order of importance here..

i fixed it for you

Oh thanks man. That's embarrassing. I could lose my man-card over a mixup like that.

Lord Flaccid said:

Why don't you offer them your living room floor?