Thread Irrational fears

taivas

Erect Member
Aug 12, 2008
coffeeland
Marklar
₥82
What are those weird things that you have no real reason to be afraid of... but are anyway?

Ever since I was a kid, I've been scared by the inside of toilet tanks. Seriously. I know it's sanitary (assuming no previous upper-decking), I just hate taking the lid off, I hate the noise it makes while it's refilling, I hate... well, just about everything about it.

I also don't like swimming somewhere that I can see the bottom (if it's more than about 12 feet deep.) Swimming in a murky lake? Fine. Swimming in Lake Chelan, where the water's clear enough to see the bottom 30 feet down? Fuck no.

:iono:

What are those weird things that you have no real reason to be afraid of... but are anyway?

Ever since I was a kid, I've been scared by the inside of toilet tanks. Seriously. I know it's sanitary (assuming no previous upper-decking), I just hate taking the lid off, I hate the noise it makes while it's refilling, I hate... well, just about everything about it.

I also don't like swimming somewhere that I can see the bottom (if it's more than about 12 feet deep.) Swimming in a murky lake? Fine. Swimming in Lake Chelan, where the water's clear enough to see the bottom 30 feet down? Fuck no.

:iono:

I was purged of that first fear you speak of by my father. As a general contractor, he was quite adept at plumbing issues and therefore quite adroit with issues involving the toilet. At a young age I learned the fine art of toiletry and never looked back.

As to your second phobia, well that's just silly and you are a ponce for even thinking that.

people knocking incessantly on a door. brings me to tears in about four seconds. :(

cruel, heartless, blank crimes. or eyes. :omy:

So if it was the size of your arm you'd be ok?

I wouldn't be ok with it but I'd be less creeped out. I know a fly can't hurt me, it's just the thought of something small crawling on me and me not being able to get to it quickly enough before it burrows into my flesh and lays eggs that bothers me.

I watched too many b-grade horror movies as a kid.

also, I have a fear that if I die in a plane crash people are gonna be all disappointed in me when they look through all my crap

OMGGGG, that's right, you and I share that trypophobia deal! Ughhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Or anything like little eggs and stuff all globbed together make me want to freak out, puke, etcskfhsfjk

I am EXTREMELY terrified of centipedes. It's seriously hard to even type the name of those evil serpents, let alone talk about it. If I see one, doesn't matter how big, I'm hysterical and start crying.

I also have a HUGE fear of anything with red eyes, or demon-like eyes. So like demon movies and shit where people are possessed are no bueno and scare the shit out of me. Along with the demon voices.

Needles used to bother the fuck out of me when I was little, but I grew out of it. Probably due to four surgeries and needing IVs each time, which use a much larger needle than say vaccinations, but strangely (if the nurse is good) hurt less. I do get a little creeped out by administering medication via needles though, which I've had to do a few times for my mom's cat which is diabetic and needs insulin shots twice a day. The cat is a trooper though and takes the shot like a champ.

Yellowjackets and wasps still scare me though :( When I was a wee lad, my bro and I crawled over a nest in the ground full of those black/white striped bees (hornets?) and we both got stung a couple dozen times. I don't remember it but subconsciously must. Bumblebees and honeybees don't scare me since they are rather placid creatures.

next i have major fear or walking up and down loooooooong hallways. they never end for me. I usually have to look down..
the hallway fear also ties into supermarket aisles... or any place with long aisles.
or places like flea markets where its all like a 'grid' its over...
me = labrat in a maze and i cant get out. OMFG
:

Weird. Someone made a thread at 4chan the other day that said "Post here if you feel like you can run like the wind in a hotel hallway." I was like, OMG other people feel that way too? Its sooo much fucking fun to run down a hotel hallway to me. Maybe I'm a little weird

next would be clusters/repetitive patterns... like honeycombs or a nassssssty ass turtle shell or snake skin *cringe* little holes in a perfect pattern freak me the fuck out. this is called trypophobia and i got it baaaaad.
little fucking holes can go fuck them selves

this is so bizarre.