Ontopic IRMAGEDDON

They're also a US territory, and while they're not a state, they're still our brethren.
Two nice comments in a row. Who are you and what have you done with thintoast ;)

Seriously nice to read and I am hoping they can get all the help they need to recover. I know they had received some help after Irma which wasn't too bad for them (spotty power and water for a while per the fam.) but this is obviously worse. Supposedly the strongest hurricane to hit land in 89 years or something. Last really bad one they've had to deal with recently I think was Hugo.

Two nice comments in a row. Who are you and what have you done with thintoast ;)

Seriously nice to read and I am hoping they can get all the help they need to recover. I know they had received some help after Irma which wasn't too bad for them (spotty power and water for a while per the fam.) but this is obviously worse. Supposedly the strongest hurricane to hit land in 89 years or something. Last really bad one they've had to deal with recently I think was Hugo.
I'm just afraid the Duck will think they're all Mexicans and refuse to send any federal aid to them.

I'm just afraid the Duck will think they're all Mexicans and refuse to send any federal aid to them.
Yeah, that crossed my mind earlier too, but the US already helped with aid after Irma so fingers crossed that Trump doesn't stop it right?

some people already think that Puerto Ricans are as bad as mexicans and should go home anyway so we'll see ;)

I missed you. Where have you beeeeeen??
Busy with life. Summer is always busy, but my already disabled aunt was diagnosed with neurodegenerative disorder and had to be put into a nursing home locally this last spring. Now my kid's back in school, and I'm knee deep in stupid school fall festival crap with meetings all over the place. Not to mention my dad is scheduled for surgery Monday. Watching hurricanes for family too. Yay!!!!!

• Gravy
Reactions: my little brony
Miami-Dade county was handing out county code violations within hours of the storm passing.

http://wsvn.com/news/help-me-howard/warning-notice-from-miami-dade-county-after-irma/
Our (creepy af) governor told all the counties that they have to give him a plan and end date on when all the storm debris will be picked up. I have branches and sticks in piles and bags and boxes lining the whole front of my yard, vainly awaiting pickup. Luckily my across the street neighbor took a huge load of our branches to the recycle place, or we'd not have room to stack this crap up. If we have another storm, think of all the flying debris.

Apparently the PR government also has a bit of flair for the dramatic. They also basically said, "Get out or die." Not sure what the building codes are there, so it might actually be a bit more true than here.
The entire country is now in a flash flood warning (not watch) as of midnight 9/21 and they're expecting at least another 3-5" of rain to hit the island today.
The entire country is now without power

The only places to get hit directly (and fully) by Maria were Dominica and Puerto Rico and this hit stronger than Irma ever got right when it got to Puerto Rico.

The issue isn't the normal houses, it's the houses that weren't built legally around there (meaning the code doesn't matter) and the older houses that were built only to withstand 110 mph winds. (Maria hit 155 mph sustained through the island but started at 175mph)

Yes the intent of the get out was about higher ground. It's not like they could leave the island at that point.

Our (creepy af) governor told all the counties that they have to give him a plan and end date on when all the storm debris will be picked up. I have branches and sticks in piles and bags and boxes lining the whole front of my yard, vainly awaiting pickup. Luckily my across the street neighbor took a huge load of our branches to the recycle place, or we'd not have room to stack this crap up. If we have another storm, think of all the flying debris.

What's with that guy and the Navy hat. Always with the Navy hat.