iPhone OS 3.0 update details revealed

DeathBatCountry

Flaccid Member
Feb 26, 2009
Marklar
₥0
- In-App Purchasing: Allows developers to sell additional content from within applications. Highlighted uses include magazine subscriptions, eBooks, additional levels and items for games.
- Peer-to-Peer Connectivity: Find other devices running the app via Bonjour over Wi-Fi of Bluetooth. Good for gaming, but also other applications for sharing data.
- Third-Party Accessory Apps: Allowing accessory manufacturers to create applications to interface with their hardware accessories.
- Push Notification: Rather than using background processes that hamper battery life, utilize third-party server to push badge, text, and audio alerts from applications.
- Turn by Turn: Apple will allow developers to use CoreLocation for turn-by-turn GPS directions.
- Cut, Copy and Paste: Available across all apps. Shake to undo or redo.
- Landscape keyboard: Available in all key applications, including Mail.
- MMS: Picture messaging now available.
- Voice Memos: Record notes, lectures, interviews, etc.
- Spotlight Search: Available across all applications. Systemwide search available from main home screen by flicking to the left.
- A2DP Bluetooth: Support for stereo bluetooth headsets.

Plus a ton of new API's for app developers to create some awesome new apps. :fly:

I have one 16gig and I just got an 8gig iPhone.

The itouch users have to pay $10 for the 3.0 update, iPhone users get it free.

How can one purchase an iPhone and bypass ATT activation? I went to buy a returb like I did last time, but they are all sold directly on the ATT site now.

No eBay pls.

Ya, but they will make you prove service or make you activate.

I use tmobile on my phone now.

You have to crack the phone then to use it on another service don't you? Any legitimate store you purchase an iPhone from is going to make you activate with ATT.

Does tmobile use SIM cards?

Yes I have a SIM card in the iPhone now. Tmo is silly cheap compared to ATT plus my data plan is five bucks (grandfathered in) so I REALLY don't want to triple or quad my phone bill by switching.

There has to be a way to buy the new ones under the table.

Yes I have a SIM card in the iPhone now. Tmo is silly cheap compared to ATT plus my data plan is five bucks (grandfathered in) so I REALLY don't want to triple or quad my phone bill by switching.

Craigslist!

that's easy then...call ATT and tell them you are going to rwanda for 6 months and will be using a sim for a local carrier so you need the unlock code for your phone...they'll do it no questions