Interesting/sucky things you were forced to due while the forum was down

I opened my Bitch on Crack from Woot, which was exciting, but then I couldn't post on useless about it, so that was sucky.

Damn, I wonder if all my clients know they are getting software written by someone who didn't learn anything in school since I haven't done a master's degree. I thought I learned how to code, keep standards, follow the SDLC, store and retrieve data, ..... in my undergrad program. I must have just had that knowledge all along and didn't know it ;)

Don't be a jerk. Ask yourself honestly what you learned in undergrad that you use now and couldn't have jumped into the job without knowing already. If the answer is honestly substantial then you're one of the very few.

Don't be a jerk. Ask yourself honestly what you learned in undergrad that you use now and couldn't have jumped into the job without knowing already. If the answer is honestly substantial then you're one of the very few.

...You are so obviously not in engineering.

I played BF2142, read for class, and wrote a couple papers. UF and [M] were down at the same time for awhile, so I really got productive then.

I didn't know the forum was down :( I had no power for part of the morning, from 1am to like 5am due to this really bad wind storm. Then Time Warner decided it would be a great day to also migrate the former Adelphia customers to their new service. So I didn't have internet for most of the day. I did laundry, watched tv, and went for a walk outside to check out the 5ft whitecaps out on the lake. That was nuts, cuz the end of the lake we're on is really narrow, like 1/4th of a mi wide, if that.