Interesting/sucky things you were forced to due while the forum was down

Looked through the course catalogue, nailed down exactly what all I can fit in now that I changed plans. I'm leaning heavily towards a minor in management to go along with my Psych major now.

Psych major? Repeat after me : "Would you like fries with that?"

Psych major? Repeat after me : "Would you like fries with that?"

:rolleyes:

All undergrad degrees serve exactly two functions:
1) Getting your ticket into postgrad
2) Proving you slain the proverbial lion

Nobody at undergrad actually learns anything that matters

:rolleyes:

All undergrad degrees serve exactly two functions:
1) Getting your ticket into postgrad
2) Proving you slain the proverbial lion

Nobody at undergrad actually learns anything that matters

while statements one and two may be true

i have

I'm going with Wren on this one. While you will actually learn some things (I could learn something getting a job at Burger King), all an undergrad degree says is that you were disciplined enough to sit through 4 years of bullshit and have earned your spot on the lower-salary ladder. The one for peons. It's next to the one for retards, which is for the people who only graduated high school.

you can't be serious.

what about engineers, chemists, biologists, teachers?

I guess they didn't learn anything too, eh?

or did you mean to say: "you don't learn a thing that you can't learn on your own."

No, nothing. You're not really qualified to do anything with a BS/BA ... except go to postgrad. Or get a job that's basically an unskilled position requiring other general positive traits.

Teaching is a little different, but you can basically look at that as being a job that has a protracted postgrad. That and it has a sort of artificial aspect to it because they're part of the sort of recycling academia.

you can't be serious.

what about engineers, chemists, biologists, teachers?

I guess they didn't learn anything too, eh?

or did you mean to say: "you don't learn a thing that you can't learn on your own."

Just thinking about this. Have met any CE/ME/EEs with MS degrees unless they are in R&D... You can get on just fine with a real BS from a known college. Psych isnt even taught as a science here though, it's in the humanities department. Humanities, yeah it makes sense to go post grad.

Last edited:
No, nothing. You're not really qualified to do anything with a BS/BA ... except go to postgrad. Or get a job that's basically an unskilled position requiring other general positive traits.

Teaching is a little different, but you can basically look at that as being a job that has a protracted postgrad. That and it has a sort of artificial aspect to it because they're part of the sort of recycling academia.
What makes you think postgrad qualifies you for anything then? Is it any harder to get one of those degrees than an undergrad?

And are you referring to college teaching or high school and lower?

Damn, I wonder if all my clients know they are getting software written by someone who didn't learn anything in school since I haven't done a master's degree. I thought I learned how to code, keep standards, follow the SDLC, store and retrieve data, ..... in my undergrad program. I must have just had that knowledge all along and didn't know it ;)

I downloaded Mugen: All Characters Battle and played that for a time. The rest of the time I was trying to raise money to save the forum. I can't give out details about that and still be called a lady unfortunately.

Employers should recognize the therapeutic value that an outlet such as this site offers employees; and for no cost beyond the 6 or 7 working hours used on this site!