Interesting ad

shawndavid

Are you wanting making fuck berserker?
I'm using the Google news archives to look up info for my thesis and just ran across a Ford ad from July of 1940.

A few key details stand out.

8 cylinders, 85hp, and almost 25mpg. I realize it's not at all powerful, but it's a 70 year old 8 cylinder getting similar if not better gas mileage than many current 6 cylinder engines.

yeah, the car probably weighed at least 1500 lbs less than cars today, but also had zero safety features, zero emission controls, zero anything else.

the past 60 years of regulation has stolen your MPG

One of the few car topics I actually know about, ford flatheads :lol:

Meh, a lot more goes into engine design than miles per gallon. Which isnt even a good measurement since different weights to cars, different options etc. My lawn tractor gets hella MPG but it is most definitely not environment friendly.

yeah, the car probably weighed at least 1500 lbs less than cars today, but also had zero safety features, zero emission controls, zero anything else.

the past 60 years of regulation has stolen your MPG
yeah, god damn that seating for 7 and 23 cupholder regulation.

Yep, I knew a guy who had his CC removed on a 1992 jeep Cherokee and that thing would get like 38 mpg on the highway.
It must have been pretty high before. They only add a bit of back pressure resulting in a slightly lower compression ratio. Muffler does the same.

It must have been pretty high before. They only add a bit of back pressure resulting in a slightly lower compression ratio. Muffler does the same.

dunno, might have been bullshitting me but I can't imagine a jeep cherokee from the early 90s would get more than 26-28mpg on the highway with everything standard.

dunno, might have been bullshitting me but I can't imagine a jeep cherokee from the early 90s would get more than 26-28mpg on the highway with everything standard.
He was definitely bullshitting you if he said that removing the cat converter netted him 10 additional mpg. It could be one of those things where he drove extra carefully to test it, and as a result saved way more gas than if he removed it and drove normally.

this was before power anything, no ac/heater and no real alternator to worry about. how fast could 85hp get a car going?
W = Fd? I just realized I cant think of how to convert energy into a vector o_O I fail. :( /cry