Ingenuity

So what you're saying is ... ? :p

I guess I"m saying I'm 30 and not married :lol: .. although that doesn't mean I am avaliable .. cas I certainly am not. sorrrry

Ah, but still old. Also returned as defective since not married anymore.

*spins*

I don't mind being old but I'm not defective. I've never been married, regardless .. it's worked out in my favor quite nicely :D. :heart:

aw, c'mon. we are all flirtable 'round here, despite our gray hair. just because we won't jump on some plane to go fuck you does not mean we can't spin our hair a little. :fly:

From what I have read, the manufactured diamonds are cheaper to produce vs. mining them. However, the companies that mine diamonds somehow force the manufactured stones to be engraved with a laser so that jeweler's know which is which. Other than that, to most people, they are identical. I think it is better to manufacture them than to have slaves in some 3rd world country mining them for pennies on the dollar.

They are physically and chemically identical. The atomic structures are the same. In fact, CVD diamonds can be of greatly higher quality that pretty much any mined diamond on earth.

They are physically and chemically identical. The atomic structures are the same. In fact, CVD diamonds can be of greatly higher quality that pretty much any mined diamond on earth.

Do the man made ones have inclusions and imperfections? Part of what makes the stone in my wife's ring unique is the spiderweb inclusion makes a very cool looking pattern. Plus, being familiar with the inclusions is a way that I can tell if the stone is hers or not; I always loop it when we get it back from the store for service to make sure someone didn't pop ours out and swap it with a cheaper one.

From what I have read, the manufactured diamonds are cheaper to produce vs. mining them. However, the companies that mine diamonds somehow force the manufactured stones to be engraved with a laser so that jeweler's know which is which. Other than that, to most people, they are identical. I think it is better to manufacture them than to have slaves in some 3rd world country mining them for pennies on the dollar.

Blood Diamond is a badass movie.

When I was researching diamonds for the Bub a while back I found that the manufacturing process is only cost effective for rare types such as yellow diamonds. Also, FG is correct; "regular" diamonds are not rare; companies such as DeBeers stockpile hordes of them to falsely create demand thus maintaining the prices.