Independence Day

ZRH

(retired?) Google-F.U.
Mar 5, 2005
<3
Marklar
₥21,087
The 4th of July. When the US officially declared independence from the United Kingdom in 1776. Of course the actual vote was held on 2 July and most states didnt officially ratify it until August. Actual fighting with the UK forces had also been going on since the skirmish at Lexington Green on 19 April 1775.

Today we will, to the detriment of the neighbours, make the back yard sound like D-Day and play annoying songs like 'Blood On the Risers' at full volume. In the spirit of Liberty of course.

Pics, may or may not follow.

What are you doing?

Tonight we saw some fireworks at King's Island and Mason, Ohio simultaneously. We just stopped on the side of the road on our way home because both were visible from our vantage point. We were on our way home from a cheesy local parade, which was fun.

Tomorrow, or rather today later, we will be going to some more fireworks after visiting an amusement park. We are not sure which yet. King's Island or Stricker's Grove. King's Island is huge and has lots to do, but will be incredibly crowded. Stricker's Grove is only open to the public twice a year and tomorrow is one of those days, but there are only three rides there that I'm interested in and it's farther away (about 35 minutes compared to 5).

What are you doing?

Fireworks are illegal in NY and I dont feel like driving to PA. One thing I miss about the midwest.

Since it's almost 4am. I'm just going to take a pic of my urushiol-induced contact dermatitis:

poisonivy.jpg

FlamingGlory said:
Fireworks are illegal in NY and I dont feel like driving to PA. One thing I miss about the midwest.

Since it's almost 4am. I'm just going to take a pic of my urushiol-induced contact dermatitis:

poisonivy.jpg

OMG the Cordillia Virus, quarantine yourself!

We hung out with friends last night and played some Muppet Party game and lit sparklers. It was wonderfully gay.

Today, we're heading to a friend's beach house.

We spent the night on an airplane to come home this morning. I think we will be sleeping through the 4th.

BTW, Alaska rocks!

ceiling fly said:
We hung out with friends last night and played some Muppet Party game and lit sparklers. It was wonderfully gay.

Today, we're heading to a friend's beach house.

We were pwnt on Jeopardy.

FlamingGlory said:
The 4th of July. When the US officially declared independence from the United Kingdom in 1776. Of course the actual vote was held on 2 July and most states didnt officially ratify it until August. Actual fighting with the UK forces had also been going on since the skirmish at Lexington Green on 19 April 1775.

Today we will, to the detriment of the neighbours, make the back yard sound like D-Day and play annoying songs like 'Blood On the Risers' at full volume. In the spirit of Liberty of course.

Pics, may or may not follow.

What are you doing?
http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/declaration_transcript.html
http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/constitution_transcript.html
http://www.archives.gov/national-archives-experience/charters/bill_of_rights_transcript.html

In case anyone's forgotten.

I'm doing nothing, Im at work. Of course, I drank my ass off on Saturday for Canada.

There was a decent fireworks display around the corner down by the river last night. I sat out on the roof with a bottle of bourbon. I was supoosed to go camping on Kelly's Island and Cedarpoint this weekend but I ditched the family and have been enjoying the solitude.

We left a truck full of beer and food on top of a parking garage near where they were going to do fireworks and just took a taxi down to it in the evening. It was pleasant except for the traffic leaving downtown.