In this thread....

Galen said:
Master of Research? My girlfriend wants to complete an MRes from Cambridge. The way she's going, she'll be in there in no time.
No. The MRS are the letters that go in front of your name ...

Sarcasmo said:
You don't need a degree in stay-at-home momness.
Have you seen the degree's they're awarding nowadays? Fucking BSc in Windsurfing, BSc in Sociology. I wouldn't be surprised if there's one for that. :p

theacoustician said:
No. The MRS are the letters that go in front of your name ...
I thought for a second there you meant master of the letters (degree only available at Oxford or Cambridge), then I realised what you meant.

She didn't mean that, did she? :confused:

Galen said:
Have you seen the degree's they're awarding nowadays? Fucking BSc in Windsurfing, BSc in Sociology. I wouldn't be surprised if there's one for that. :p

there really should be. i think a parenting class should be REQUIRED as soon as a mom/couple gets pregnant.

theacoustician said:
Here, basically.

UK/Europe, nope.
There are exceptions. Trinity College Dublin is a university, so is UCDublin and Galway. I think you're pointing out that we have Further Education Colleges here as well (for people aged 16 and up, I think) where students can attain lesser qualifications. IB's, BTEC's etc.

even though i went to college and got a degree, everyone teases me that the only reason i went to college is to get my MRS degree (to find a husband.)

Thorn Bird said:
there really should be. i think a parenting class should be REQUIRED as soon as a mom/couple gets pregnant.

Hmm...... parenting class. Wouldn't that give you someone else's basis for what's right and wrong for your child? Don't you have more fun just winging it as you go?

;)

Thorn Bird said:
Sounds like an idea, though I don't think people would like it much having someone tell them how to raise their kids.

One thing I know for certain, my kids (way off) are going to catholic boarding school. No special treatment. They'll come out the other end better for it.