In the lost and found department...

Nyx

Flaccid Member
Oct 14, 2004
Planet Hell
Marklar
₥0
My son and his animals!!! :rolleyes:

A while back a few of my son's pet rats went AWOL, and we couldn't find the little beasties. After a couple of days I thought they would never be seen or heard from again, I was wrong. My boys were doing some cleaning in the shed out back (more playing than cleaning, but anyway) and found a couple of his rats in the shed.

They are definitely his pets, first is Blinker, AKA "Blinks". The blunt tail tip is due to an accident when she was younger:

blinks.jpg

And here we have Panda, at least that is he was named at one time, there were a couple of changes and I don't know what the most recent name is. He wouldn't sit even reasonably still, and every pic I took of him is blurred :(

panda8.jpg

We did still have this cage sitting around, but no bedding for them, so my son put some dry leaves in. That seems to keep them happy, at least for the time being.

I just hope the critters didn't go forth and multiply. It could be a bit difficult if we ever catch one of their descendants in a trap in the future.

They look pretty clean to me for living in a garage for a while... Are they noisy?

SwedishChef said:
They look pretty clean to me for living in a garage for a while... Are they noisy?

They were in pretty good condition when my son brought them in. They really aren't very noisy at all.

They aren't vicious or mean either. The only times we've ever even been nipped by any of them have been when our hands smelled like food. They are particularly fond of peanut butter, and handling them after making peanut butter sandwiches is like handing them an invitation to nibble :eek:

Pandora said:
Me too. I really don't understand people who keep tarantulas and scorpions as pets. :confused:
Yeah, neither do I. Or snakes for that matter.

I think a pet is something you can play around with. Not something that will kill you the first chance it gets :p

Pandora said:
Me too. I really don't understand people who keep tarantulas and scorpions as pets. :confused:
They're cuddly, I swear.

I sleep with my snake. Lets just keep that between you and me tho. :tard: