Thread In the future the use of chemotherapy will be like something from the dark ages

Canucker

Flaccid Member
Dec 5, 2012
Toronto
Marklar
₥0
what other sorts of medical techniques, especially cutting edge techniques, are going to be a gong show in the future.

Like the moment cancer is cured radiation therapy will be banned world wide.

What other ones can you think of?

Harvesting bone marrow from people with giant ass needles?

what other sorts of medical techniques, especially cutting edge techniques, are going to be a gong show in the future.

Like the moment cancer is cured radiation therapy will be banned world wide.

What other ones can you think of?

Harvesting bone marrow from people with giant ass needles?

the bone marrow thing is already being phased out in favor of stem cell donation that can do the same thing

other techniques - 90% of dentistry, iodine as antiseptic will switch over to something better I'm sure

the bone marrow thing is already being phased out in favor of stem cell donation that can do the same thing

other techniques - 90% of dentistry, iodine as antiseptic will switch over to something better I'm sure
I for one would like to see dentistry brought into the current age. Holistic dentistry ftw

maggots were still used in a few hospital in the 80's until they were sued, now no one does

they actual help wound care a lot though

oh wow I didn't know that, i thought it was still in practice in the third world. Those maggots do an amazing job, 100% dead cell removal with very little living flesh altered. The best surgeon in the world could never come anywhere near those numbers.

ok but which ones will be looked back on with horror?

like i'm sure radiation therapy will be held in the same esteem as lobotomies and bloodletting

yeah, what people neglect to realize is that "cancer" is actually a giantass term encompassing like 400 different diseases.

We might cure one type of cancer, but not all in one fell swoop

we'll never cure cancer when there is so much money to be made treating it. truth.

ok but which ones will be looked back on with horror?

like i'm sure radiation therapy will be held in the same esteem as lobotomies and bloodletting

amputating for infection/gangrene probably will be looked back on in that way once they figure out how to alter its progress