Thread In the future the use of chemotherapy will be like something from the dark ages

the new gangrene is flesh-eating-bacteria. That stuff multiplies so fast and is so aggressive it seems the SOP is almost to amputate asap.

werd, the training on that (not that I remember shit from it) was disgusting and I mean disgusting even by medical standards

the new gangrene is flesh-eating-bacteria. That stuff multiplies so fast and is so aggressive it seems the SOP is almost to amputate asap.

I have a buddy with half a foot because of that shit, when he went over to thailand he caught it, i believe.

shits gross yuck

what other sorts of medical techniques, especially cutting edge techniques, are going to be a gong show in the future.

Like the moment cancer is cured radiation therapy will be banned world wide.

What other ones can you think of?

Harvesting bone marrow from people with giant ass needles?

There is a lot radiation oncology does that isn't just cancer based. Also, you will see Chemotherapy banned far more quickly than radiotherapy if a cure for cancer is found.

Keep in mind, however, there will most likely not be a single-bullet 'cure for cancer'. Cancer is so widely varied that it's nearly impossible to think of a singular cure for it.

I bet he gets mad tail

he's a bit of an oddball with the ladies, he's a teacher, and he was dating his principle for a long time, then moved schools and broke up, and she was like 10 years older, now he's dating and possibly marrying this brown chick. she's pretty nice, I met her a couple times.

they do. All in all, it sounds gross but is a very effective way for dealing with debridement procedures.

it is but it's against policy pretty much across the board... I know in school a teacher liked to use them but she had to do it behind closed doors so to speak

it is but it's against policy pretty much across the board... I know in school a teacher liked to use them but she had to do it behind closed doors so to speak

Not really.

"In January 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted permission to produce and market maggots for use in humans or animals as a prescription-only medical device for the following indications:[16][17] "For debriding non-healing necrotic skin and soft tissue wounds, including pressure ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, neuropathic foot ulcers, and non-healing traumatic or post-surgical wounds." In February 2004, the British National Health Service (NHS) permitted its doctors to prescribe maggot therapy. In Europe, Canada and Japan maggots are classified as medicinal drugs, needing a full market licence. In the US, maggots for medicinal use are classified as a device."

It's use against necrotizing infections is increasing.

Not really.

"In January 2004, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) granted permission to produce and market maggots for use in humans or animals as a prescription-only medical device for the following indications:[16][17] "For debriding non-healing necrotic skin and soft tissue wounds, including pressure ulcers, venous stasis ulcers, neuropathic foot ulcers, and non-healing traumatic or post-surgical wounds." In February 2004, the British National Health Service (NHS) permitted its doctors to prescribe maggot therapy. In Europe, Canada and Japan maggots are classified as medicinal drugs, needing a full market licence. In the US, maggots for medicinal use are classified as a device."

It's use against necrotizing infections is increasing.

this honestly makes me happy to hear...glad they are focusing on what works instead of public perception

does that mean you have to tell the poor bald kids they are never going to be teenagers or just operate the equipment to blast them?

Luckily, I build the systems that link CT/MRI to treatment planning to Record & Verify to Billing. I have a horrible bedside manner.