In need of rescue

ERage

Giant Member
Nov 7, 2005
Marklar
₥10
I thought about posting this in the cute kittah thread but I think it deserves it's own.

My wife's mom just found 4 kittens on the side of the road last Thursday and she brought them home. There was a dead adult cat near by on the road that we think might be the mother. The kittens are about 3-4 weeks old, still needing to be bottle fed but just this weekend they started going to the bathroom on their own (not needing rubbed anymore) and they are starting to drink formula from a saucer.

Does anybody want or know someone that wants a kitten or kittens? They are very healthy and really spunky. 3 of them are black with some white on them and one appears to be a tortoise shell...all seem that they will be short haired cats.

My mother-in-law will try to keep them as long as she can but she has dogs and can't keep 4 cats. Nobody ever wants to help rescue kittens because there are so many out there. I worry she might take them to the humane society soon if she doesn't find someone.

Posts about non-kill rescue options are also appreciated if anyone has any ideas. The kittens are located in Charlotte, NC.

pics to follow if they take some and send them to me.

paging elpmis to the young abandoned pussy thread . . .

all kidding aside, I hope they find a good home. Much :heart: to Blondie's mom for taking them in.

ChikkenNoodul said:
Yep, fly loves kitties

Particularly spunky kitties

Hopefully he doesn't see this thread and I can sneak one into the house. Once it's in he can't get rid of it, he's too nice.

April23 said:
Hopefully he doesn't see this thread and I can sneak one into the house. Once it's in he can't get rid of it, he's too nice.

hahaha, that's evil. I can keep it in savannah until the meat and then send it up with JJ and Bast for you to pick up in ATL :D

Edit: or a quicker option is we could meet in FL somewhere halfway. ormond beach or Orlando maybe

Last edited:
I'm not home with enough regularity to have a pet...I'm a doggeh person though...good luck anyway! hate to think of any aminal being put down :(

thanks for closing it down at climbers. :fly:

i can't take on any animals until after babies. i just really want a cat again.

bast_imret said:
Master Chief :heart: kittens.

I first read that as Master Chef, bahahahahaha

If I wasn't planning on moving, I'd take one from you. I think I'll even be down your way next weekend. :(

April23 said:
WE WILL TAKE ONE.

Blondie is totally down with a mini-meat in Ormand Beach at her sister's house to do a pussy drop off.

Shortly after we can go visit the one armed stripper, whaddya say? :fly:

cmon fly, you know you want another kitty

ERage said:
Blondie is totally down with a mini-meat in Ormand Beach at her sister's house to do a pussy drop off.

Shortly after we can go visit the one armed stripper, whaddya say? :fly:

cmon fly, you know you want another kitty
we cant. our apt complex only allows 2 animals. with april, we're already over the limit. :fly:

fly said:
we cant. our apt complex only allows 2 animals. with april, we're already over the limit. :fly:

They don't even care/know about the first two, so getting another kitty AND puppy wouldn't matter.