In depth Surface discussion

Onnotangu

Flaccid Member
Oct 13, 2004
Detroit, MI USA
Marklar
₥0
Anyone watch Surface on NBC / sci fi channel?

I'm starting to like watching it over watch the crap fest that isnetwork tv(idol,survivor,lost,24)

sometime about people getting eaten like guppies in a shark pen is funny.

KNYTE said:
Meh, spoil away.

i'll keep it short.

people and ship start dissapearing. everyone is like wtf? and hearing noises and strange flashes in the ocean. come to find out some group of rich wackoes made giant lizards that like to dig holes in the ocean floor and use electric eel voltage to zap anything it wants to eat. so there are hundreds of thousands of these things anywhere from about the size of asmall dog to a little bit bigger than a whale. also something about the dna of these critters makes people turn into them if they survive the venom. some emo kid got bit by one that he was rasiing and is slowly changing.

and last episode a pack of the critter while diging set off a underground earthquake while diggin on some trench near puertorico and tsunami is about to pwn florida and san jan is already pwned.

current idea is that the rich wackoes made the critters to start the whole water pwning most of the world and advance the warming trend to wipe the earth clean. last episode also showed them loading upa huge warehouse fulla cryo tubes with plants and animals. and the main bad guy turned out to be a clone and he didn't know.

Onnotangu said:
current idea is that the rich wackoes made the critters to start the whole water pwning most of the world and advance the warming trend to wipe the earth clean. last episode also showed them loading upa huge warehouse fulla cryo tubes with plants and animals. and the main bad guy turned out to be a clone and he didn't know.

So....essentially they took every sci-fi cliche' story hook conceivable, threw in a dash of X-Files for good measure, and started rolling film, is that what I'm understanding here?

Sarcasmo said:
This show is ending early this season. There's speculation it's done for good.

I've poked around some of the reviews, I doubt I'll even see another preview for it after this week.