Halp I'm trying to find one of these lamps, any of you have a lead on one?

So, ya'll know what that sad pale industrial green color is? The one every desk and chair from the 50s was painted?
I want that for the metal parts, but a "happy" version of it. I think I have the color I want.

My concern is finding a complementary color for the knobs. I'd go with a cream color, but they are going to get dirty with my hands, so I'm not in love with a pale color. Anyone have any ideas?

The green I'm talking about
Mid-century-modern-retro-office-desks-from-1959-Click-Americana-2.jpg
Looking at the picture I'd say: grey(like the desk legs) or brown like the items on the credenza. The tan of the chair works, somewhat. That's a difficult color to work against. And even looking at a standard, complementary color wheel won't help a lot as 50's color schemes usually left out red. * A triadic color wheel suggests a slate blue would work against it.:barf:Black of course goes with everything but isn;t very 50s.

Last edited:
BLACK 2.0

• Gravy
Reactions: fly
Wesley Treat makes some retro looking stuff. He has a YouTube channel.

edit:
Here's a video of him reproducing some vintage knobs. It would easily work for 3D printed parts to make that bakelite feel.

Vintage knobs turn me on! Have spent waaaaaayyyyy too much money on them for my gear.

I kind of like the tan of the chairs as a knob color choice, but dirt.

Make it a habit of occasionally polishing knobs and you’ll be fine.

• Haha
Reactions: wetwillie
That is a cool ass lamp. I love it.

White paint will reflect more light than chrome, but the chrome definitely looks cool and the difference is pretty minor.

Use a big frosted bulb, not something that'll give a sharp glare off shiny stuff when you're using the light.

• Gravy
Reactions: Mr. Argumentor