Tampa I'm trading my AR15

water

Flaccid Member
Oct 29, 2004
AZ
Marklar
₥272
For another Ruger 1022 and a new .22 pistol (like a Sig Mosquito or Walther P22, we'll see what people offer up in trade). The plan being that my buddy (kunlao) and I can actually get out and blast .22 like crazy and have a good time for next to nothing in overall cost.

The AR is too expensive to shoot, so it just sits in my closet all of the time. While it's cool and everything I just can't justify it sitting there gathering dust when I could actually go out and shoot something else just for the fun of it. I have a stripped lower on a shelf so I may build another one at some point, who knows. My obsession with guns has cooled quite a bit in the last 6 months. I'm much more interested in having guns that I can actually use instead of just needlessly collecting them.

I say you just get a different flavor of AR-15

hellokitty_ar15assault_2884.jpg

Everyone should own a 10/22. That's a survival tool.

I feel your pain though. I can barely practice with my .45. "I feel like going to the range today! Hmm, on the other hand I don't feel like dropping $150." I'd love to get into reloading, but it would suck if I accidentally burned down my apartment complex. I don't have that much liability coverage.

Did you build the AR yourself?

I'd strip it and sell the parts seperate from the receiver then.

I did not build this one from parts.

Everyone should own a 10/22. That's a survival tool.

I feel your pain though. I can barely practice with my .45. "I feel like going to the range today! Hmm, on the other hand I don't feel like dropping $150." I'd love to get into reloading, but it would suck if I accidentally burned down my apartment complex. I don't have that much liability coverage.

I already have a vanilla 1022 that I belongs to the family as far as I'm concerned. Part of trading/selling the AR will be building a competition/custom 1022 for myself to play with.

Last edited:
So the cost has doubled at least, delightful.

Figures :(

Oh yeah. Depending on the manufacturer and specs you can pretty easily spend $30 on 20 rounds.

That $100 for 250 rounds I quoted above is generic ball ammo. You know, the disposable kind you blow through at a range.

Last edited:
Yeah, I thought about going that route as well, but I think you'd get better performance, accuracy, and probably a lower price out of a 1022 with a bit of work put into it.

I just thought it looked cool.

edit: I was gonna get 2 of them to go on a back holster.