Thread Im starting to get fat. anyone interested in a weight loss competition?

Then it wouldn't be a loss of BMI...

I have an unfair advantage in a generally high metabolic rate and the fact that right now I'm not working out or exercising. Any gains I experience will be much easier than any gains (or, more accurately, losses) you experience in a competition for who improved more.

lol high metabolic rate

I went from 185lbs to 160lbs in two months by cutting back what I drink to water and scotch (when I go out). I'm 5'9. It's ridiculous how many calories we consume through liquid. The issue seems our bodies can't recognize fullness when we get our energy through liquid form. Sodas, juice, beers, etc. It kills. Our culture is a bunch of fucken fatties. How about another coke.

That study is a bunch of hooey.

If I may be serious for a moment, I eat a lot of food that's terribly bad for you, and yet if I simply look at a salad I loose weight.
The thing about weight loss is that there's no one single plan that works universally. Some people can cut out soda from their diet and lose 20 lbs, others have to cut out the soda and run 5 miles a day to get the same result. Generally younger people with a higher metabolic rate can lose weight fastest, but even then with the diets of most teenagers today, their bodies are aging more rapidly because of the irregular stress being put on them. I personally was lucky to have a family that encouraged healthier eating, while at the same time didn't go all vegan on me. Now that I'm older, my body has become accustomed to fruits and vegetables everyday. If I don't get them I feel like shit.

Point is, everyone's body processes calories differently and burns them at different rates.

1. Add a zero to your weight. Eat that many calories per day. Don't worry about how many calories you burn from exercise—this is your calorie goal whether or not you workout on a particular day.
1a.Guys: If you weigh 250lbs or more, then your goal is 2500.
1b.Gals: If you weigh 200lbs or more, then your goal is 2000.

2. buy a food scale and weigh everything

3. don't eat like a child

4. enjoy weight loss

alternatively, low carb that shit

Lift weights if you don't want to be a skinnyfat asshole. I made that mistake and I'm still paying for it.

Last edited: