Thread I'm selling sh!t

I haven't used mine in a couple of weeks, we've been on a bit of a low-carb kick lately and pretty much everything you can use a kitchenaid for involves carbs. Ordinarily I'd use it probably 3 times a week.

It's permanently on display in the kitchen though, it never gets put away. I'm such a foodie :D

I've got the ice cream maker attachment, which I can't recommend all that much - if you make the "rated capacity" quart of ice cream in it, the ice cream maker warms up before the ice cream's finished.

I considered buying the grinder/stuffer attachment, but ended up going with a manual hand-cranked one instead. Also considered buying the pasta maker attachment, then I bought a hand cranked one of those...

I've got the ice cream maker attachment, which I can't recommend all that much - if you make the "rated capacity" quart of ice cream in it, the ice cream maker warms up before the ice cream's finished.

I considered buying the grinder/stuffer attachment, but ended up going with a manual hand-cranked one instead. Also considered buying the pasta maker attachment, then I bought a hand cranked one of those...

lol. I just bailed on the grinder/food sieve for a separate appliance. I have the cuisinart ice cream maker & HIGHLY recommend it. The hardest part about the ice cream maker is chilling the bowl in the freezer for 8hrs before using it. There's no 'spur of the moment' ice cream making unless that bowling ball sized bowl takes up permanent residence in your freezer.

My ice cream attachment bowl is permanently kept in the deepfreeze. Often times, "spur of the moment" ice cream does happen...

Fuck, if I didn't already have two I'd buy it for sure! That and I'd have to wait for my brother or dad to drive to/from where they live to get it. Damn I love KA mixers!!!!

Just run it to make sure it sounds nice. Also check for leaking oil. KA mixers that don't get used can get leaky quicker.

Well, THANK YOU, lady! The only one in this thread who offered halp. Bunch a fart faces, man.

wipe it clean. turn it on & make sure it doesn't make any bizarre sounds.

list it on craigslist w/the "Includes a pouring shield, wire whip, flat beater, and a spiral dough hook"

copy/pasta from someone elses add. they're usually a few listed. or copy from amazon.

Thanks, but I'm a selling queen. I just wanted to know pretty much what I might be missing in teh preparations since I barely used it, thus didn't oil or anything.

Well, THANK YOU, lady! The only one in this thread who offered halp. Bunch a fart faces, man.

btw, I was kind of in a rush and probably could have given a hint about checking for oil. Just take a paper towel and wipe around the silver band on the top and then around where you add the hooks. If there is oil that might be fine. If it seems like a lot it could be leaking. If you aren't sure, wipe it clean and check it again in a few days. If you get more than a tiny bit of oil it might be leaking. I have one that is doing that and it is my spare now that I take when I travel with my mixer (yes I do). It still runs but it is more likely to overheat. Some people are willing to rebuild motors though.

I love my mixer though so I'd be sad to have to part with one. But what a bitch that would be to move with! Not easy to fix overseas I'd bet too. I've had fantastic customer service here where I blew out a motor (may or may not have had to do with the fact that my hand got caught in the mixer - I will neither confirm nor deny) and they sent me a brand new one on their dime since I was in warranty.

btw, I was kind of in a rush and probably could have given a hint about checking for oil. Just take a paper towel and wipe around the silver band on the top and then around where you add the hooks. If there is oil that might be fine. If it seems like a lot it could be leaking. If you aren't sure, wipe it clean and check it again in a few days. If you get more than a tiny bit of oil it might be leaking. I have one that is doing that and it is my spare now that I take when I travel with my mixer (yes I do). It still runs but it is more likely to overheat. Some people are willing to rebuild motors though.

I love my mixer though so I'd be sad to have to part with one. But what a bitch that would be to move with! Not easy to fix overseas I'd bet too. I've had fantastic customer service here where I blew out a motor (may or may not have had to do with the fact that my hand got caught in the mixer - I will neither confirm nor deny) and they sent me a brand new one on their dime since I was in warranty.

Thanks. It's perfectly clean. No oil. Still perfect new condition.

I love it, love the color, etc, but the cord does not comply with the outlets in Aus. Not sure of the proper terminology.

You should hopefully get good money for that since it's as close as one can get to like new!

The voltage stuff - forgot about that. Dead tired today but yeah that would be a biggie. How much do you think you'll sell it for? (yes I'm still kind of dreaming of owning such a pretty 3rd one LOL)

Thanks. It's perfectly clean. No oil. Still perfect new condition.

I love it, love the color, etc, but the cord does not comply with the outlets in Aus. Not sure of the proper terminology.

i figured it was a shipping issue... if you really wanted to keep it, you could step it down assuming the motor accepts 50hz

You should hopefully get good money for that since it's as close as one can get to like new!

The voltage stuff - forgot about that. Dead tired today but yeah that would be a biggie. How much do you think you'll sell it for? (yes I'm still kind of dreaming of owning such a pretty 3rd one LOL)

I always list quality items starting at a higher price. If no bites with half a days, then I lower in $20 increments a day or two. So, I'd start at $300 since it's basically new. Comes with the original box & Styrofoam packing, etc. And still retails for $450.