I'm retiring for now.......

I.C.Water said:
i need advice on Albatross Overload i cant get to the level people are at now :(
hit a random bird with the penguin.

wait until it (henceforth, "it" means the penguin and albatross) gets as close to the ground as you can, then click three times in rapid succession. the goal here is to time it right so you can get as close to the "sky" without hitting it.

if you do the first part right, you should be coming down at a pretty sharp angle. do the same thing as the first, except you'll have to time your third click as you see fit, or you'll hit the sky and slow down.

from there, it's pretty much clicking three times at regular intervals to keep it on the highest arc possible. if you do everything right, you should be getting at least 1,400+ on every one.

Kabn said:
hit a random bird with the penguin.

wait until it (henceforth, "it" means the penguin and albatross) gets as close to the ground as you can, then click three times in rapid succession. the goal here is to time it right so you can get as close to the "sky" without hitting it.

if you do the first part right, you should be coming down at a pretty sharp angle. do the same thing as the first, except you'll have to time your third click as you see fit, or you'll hit the sky and slow down.

from there, it's pretty much clicking three times at regular intervals to keep it on the highest arc possible. if you do everything right, you should be getting at least 1,400+ on every one.

Wow and here I was trying to keep it as low as possible the entire time.

Coqui said:
Ok first game asked about was Ron North's Jewels. Here's the strategy:

Since it doesn't start with elimnating all the triples already, just pick something that will cause it to remove them. Once the game has settled down, pick a safety jewel set. What I mean by this is find one that you will use to advance as the very last resort. It's always best to keep this somewhere near the bottom of the stacks.

As it should be obvious, try to get the largets combinations of jewels at once as it gives you more bonus points.

Your ultimate goal should be to get to the levels divisible by 5. Once you do that, you should be able to clear each one of those in one click. remember, just doing one set of three will bring you up as much as clearing out 4 sets of three all at once.

The main, important tip is to keep that safety jewel set. If you just go around randomly clicking, you'll run out of options soon enough.

Beyond that, try to vary where in the pile you are removing gems from and don't try to make them always vertical or always horizontal.
:) Thank you for the advice. I think my eyes are numb from playing so long now.

Coqui said:
Wow and here I was trying to keep it as low as possible the entire time.
i've found that in most physics-based flash games, the goal is to get a long, sustained flight.

albatross, flamingo golf, etc.

off i go to beat your snake score and torture you endlessly.

Last edited by a moderator:
Coqui said:
Once the game has settled down, pick a safety jewel set.

Heh... Yuo stole my staratagee, mistar!

That's how I used to play back in the old Palm Pilot days...

AAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAHA!

i was just screwing around with flamingo drive, and this happened. :D

Kabn said:
AAAAAAHAHAHAHAAAHAHAAHA!

i was just screwing around with flamingo drive, and this happened. :D

O my.

This message sponsored by Team Mondoz. Vote Mondoz today.

Kabn said:
i've found that in most physics-based flash games, the goal is to get a long, sustained flight.

albatross, flamingo golf, etc.

off i go to beat your snake score and torture you endlessly.

Well the higher you go, the slower you go to. So there has to be a medium in the albatross game.

Coqui said:
Well the higher you go, the slower you go to. So there has to be a medium in the albatross game.
the drop-off in speed only comes an appreciable amounts when you hit the "clouds" at the top of the sky. flapping your wings near the ground gains speed more than higher, but sustained flight doesn't suffer any more unless you hit the ceiling.

but piss, ask wr3kt. he's #1.

Kabn said:
the drop-off in speed only comes an appreciable amounts when you hit the "clouds" at the top of the sky. flapping your wings near the ground gains speed more than higher, but sustained flight doesn't suffer any more unless you hit the ceiling.

but piss, ask wr3kt. he's #1.
I just touch my wang repeatedly.

But seriously...the three-clicks thing is what I do, but I wait for a high alby and ge him with the penguin coming down.
Also, towards the end, when you've got about 3-flaps left, don't do all thre really fast. I tend to hit two, then wait as long as possible because maybe the strenth bar will regenerate enough for 2 flaps instead of one.

wr3kt said:
I just touch my wang repeatedly.

But seriously...the three-clicks thing is what I do, but I wait for a high alby and ge him with the penguin coming down.
Also, towards the end, when you've got about 3-flaps left, don't do all thre really fast. I tend to hit two, then wait as long as possible because maybe the strenth bar will regenerate enough for 2 flaps instead of one.
so that's where you're getting those twenty to thirty extra points.

/me shakes fist.