im living in a winter wonderland

HydroSqueegee

Flaccid Member
Nov 15, 2004
Marklar
₥0
I had a lovely day off work yesterday. Got around a foot of snow topped off with freezing rain. the area a couple counties north were all under a blizzard warning.
Now today, we're on a 4 hour delay, but i came in to cover the phones in case anyone called. But the phones are down and our data base servers all seem to have shat themselves... so i cant do any work. And to top it off, i'll be going home around 11! Weee!

What did you guys get hit with.

We got 8 inches of snow, 3 inches of ice, then another 2 inches. It's snowing again so we'll probably get another 2 inches.

pretty much the same thing. snow, then ice, then more snow. But we're not as densely populated as your area.

Lots of that white crap on the ground here. I work at home so getting to the office is no problem, but the server I pull my work from is having trouble with power outages so I'm waiting for that to get fixt and hanging out here until then.

Our snow is almost completely melted (even on the north side of the house) due to all the rain we've been getting. I like rain, it means it's too wam to snow.

here's the email we got at work last night before the storm hit:
With heavy snow in tonight’s forecast, please take a moment to review our severe weather policies.

Reporting to Work

Everyone who works for the Medical Center – whether at Elmwood Avenue or any off-site location -- is considered “essential staff” and is required to report to work even during severe weather. If you are unable to report to work, you must contact your supervisor. Depending upon your time-off bank and your supervisor’s direction, you can use vacation or PTO, or report the time as an absence-with-permission-but-without-pay.

I'm essential! I'm glad they give a shit about our safety considering we're a HOSPITAL. They figured we could work from our gurneys after getting in accidents fighting our way in this morning.

here's the email we got at work last night before the storm hit:
With heavy snow in tonight’s forecast, please take a moment to review our severe weather policies.

Reporting to Work

Everyone who works for the Medical Center – whether at Elmwood Avenue or any off-site location -- is considered “essential staff” and is required to report to work even during severe weather. If you are unable to report to work, you must contact your supervisor. Depending upon your time-off bank and your supervisor’s direction, you can use vacation or PTO, or report the time as an absence-with-permission-but-without-pay.

I'm essential! I'm glad they give a shit about our safety considering we're a HOSPITAL. They figured we could work from our gurneys after getting in accidents fighting our way in this morning.

My mom worked in a retirement community/nursing home and she was considered essential staff. Sometimes if the weather looked like it might get bad she had to stay there overnight to prevent the possibility that she wouldn't be able to get there then next day. She thought it sucked.

My mom worked in a retirement community/nursing home and she was considered essential staff. Sometimes if the weather looked like it might get bad she had to stay there overnight to prevent the possibility that she wouldn't be able to get there then next day. She thought it sucked.

i am in no way essential to the daily operations of this place. most of the clinics and such are closed in the hospital anyways. i don't get paid enough to risk my life in times of winter weather emergencies. but i love being told that there is one (i don't consider 18" of snow an emergency) and then being told i have to risk life and limb to come in else i get penalized.

Well I just finally finished off my driveway. Helped two people (one SUV) get unstuck in the snow.

Even had I wanted to go to work today, I would have been extremely late.

It's well over 10ft here now, after the 5 feet last week... Roof lines are merging with ground lines.