I'm killing a vampire!

JAXvillain

Curly_Sue
Oct 13, 2004
Marklar
₥0
:lol: poor fucking peacock but damn is that funny!

http://www.cnn.com/2007/US/07/01/vampire.peacock.ap/index.html

NEW YORK (AP) -- A peacock that roamed into the parking lot of a Burger King in New York City was beaten by a man who insisted it was a vampire.

Animal control officials in Staten Island say the bird was beaten so fiercely that most of its tail feathers fell out and it had to be euthanized.

The seven-year-old male peacock wandered into the restaurant parking lot and perched on a car hood last week. Charmed employees had been feeding it bread when the man appeared.

A restaurant worker says the man grabbed the bird by the neck, hurled it to the ground and started stomping it. She says when he was asked what he was doing, he responded, "'I'm killing a vampire!"'

Employees called police, but the man ran when he saw them.

Hey, we've been feeding the ones at the zoo since I was a kid .. not once have I ever seen one let you get close to it. And I've seen many try lol (which is usually quite funny)

The guy who owns the company next door has a bunch at his farm too .. you can get about 4' to them .. and then they run (and hollar .. god those things are loud).
They usually fly up on a roof where you can't get them once you try.

Hey, we've been feeding the ones at the zoo since I was a kid .. not once have I ever seen one let you get close to it. And I've seen many try lol (which is usually quite funny)

The guy who owns the company next door has a bunch at his farm too .. you can get about 4' to them .. and then they run (and hollar .. god those things are loud).

Funny, I have the exact opposite experiences with them, lol.

When we were like 10 we had some around our condo in cocoa beach and you could pet them without problems. Same with ones we used to have in my old neighborhood. Now those weird looking ducks will take your hand off but not the peniscocks.

that's one of my favorite memories -- going to the b'ham zoo and chasing the peacocks around. i never got one of those damn things.