I'm in technical nirvana right here.

I haven't had a car payment in almost 5 years. I have switched cars in that period too... it is not impossible if you save correctly.

I'd call that the exception, not the rule. I don't know many people who can lay down thousands of dollars in cash comfortably or responsibly. Not people my age, anyway. Unless they're buying an old POS.

I'd call that the exception, not the rule. I don't know many people who can lay down thousands of dollars in cash comfortably or responsibly. Not people my age, anyway. Unless they're buying an old POS.

Its not an impossible concept. Buy a car thats 3-4 years old for less than 10k drive that car for five or more years. While doing so save 2k a year which is MUCH less than a car payment $166.66. Never paying interest on a car loan rocks.

Nice!

but dont you think you have paid just as much interest in those cards as I would be in this computer?

What is the difference?

The difference is the debt was a MISTAKE. I never wanted to pay the interest on things that were stolen from me.

Let me reiterate, paying interest on something is not a wise financial decision.

The difference is the debt was a MISTAKE. I never wanted to pay the interest on things that were stolen from me.

Let me reiterate, paying interest on something is not a wise financial decision.

unless the thing you're paying interest on is generating more interest or income than it's costing

unless the thing you're paying interest on is generating more interest or income than it's costing

Look here mister. You are just picking around to find SOMETHING to argue about. :D

I am talking about purchases such as computers and cars... real estate is a whole different story.

Mah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

there goes my new fucking computer, you guys enjoy your BF2142 while I go play some more tetris, fgts

Yeah, I will probably wait, especially if Zac will help me out. You know why I got to this point though, nobody in here likes working on a shit computer. It frustrates you to the point of needing one NOW.

Yeah I know, but Zac is great at finding awesome deals on parts and getting a computer together. He built mine too... I love it.

Watch slickdeals.net, every day the post new deals and sometimes you can get pieces on teh cheap.

Look here mister. You are just picking around to find SOMETHING to argue about. :D

I am talking about purchases such as computers and cars... real estate is a whole different story.

Let's say I have three grand to buy a computer. I buy one at 4% interest and stick that money into an account that gets me 5%. weeeeeeee

I'm not talking about real estate, I'm talking about borrowing in general. How do you think the vast majority of all businesses in the country get started? Loans and other investors. They try to make the business they sunk money into generate more cheddar than they're paying back in interest.

I pay interest on my truck but it's capable of generating far more money than its worth so assuming I put it to greater use sometime soon it'll be well worth the investment.

Mah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YOU ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

there goes my new fucking computer, you guys enjoy your BF2142 while I go play some more tetris, fgts

Do you have $400? What kind of Jeep are you buying that 400 bucks in eight months makes a huge difference?

Yeah, I will probably wait, especially if Zac will help me out. You know why I got to this point though, nobody in here likes working on a shit computer. It frustrates you to the point of needing one NOW.

Newegg has a bunch of combo deals. For 300 bucks you can have a motherboard with onboard audio, proc, video card and maybe even some memory. A cheapass case with the cheapest antec power supply you can get your hands on and you're set. Maybe a new hard drive. Computers are cheap, dude.