I'm in technical nirvana right here.

Well shit. Go to Dell, pick a PC, then click on the part that says "As low as $xx / month"

Rates might be higher than a rent to own place, but maybe not.

My money is currently being saved for a Jeep or a nice 4x4 vehicle. If I start a second fund for a computer I will just buy a better Jeep instead of actually buying a comp when the time rolls around.

Well, it's up to you. It's your money. I'm not going to get personal on a public board but you know your past and your present so just make sure you're being as responsible as possible. I'm just trying to look out for you is all. $500 for what is essentially a convenience tax is a lot of money spent needlessly.

Also, you could see if you could buy one through work and have them garnish your wages for a set amount per month. No interest that way, and maybe they could get a better price on it than you alone could.

Well shit. Go to Dell, pick a PC, then click on the part that says "As low as / month"

That "as low as" crap is horseshit. Sure you could pay $30 a month for a nice computer........if you plan on never paying it off. $30 a month covers the interest. Assuming you don't miss a payment. Then the interest skyrockets.

That "as low as" crap is horseshit. Sure you could pay $30 a month for a nice computer........if you plan on never paying it off. $30 a month covers the interest. Assuming you don't miss a payment. Then the interest skyrockets.
I'm aware. I don't use it, but it gives him another option to compare to the rent to own place.

Also, you could see if you could buy one through work and have them garnish your wages for a set amount per month. No interest that way, and maybe they could get a better price on it than you alone could.

Thats not a bad idea and it does benefit my boss, since he is my roomie too, lol

Well, it's up to you. It's your money. I'm not going to get personal on a public board but you know your past and your present so just make sure you're being as responsible as possible. I'm just trying to look out for you is all. $500 for what is essentially a convenience tax is a lot of money spent needlessly.

I know you are just looking out but the simple one liner's of down play dont really tell me much. I am just sick of using a 7 year old computer that wasnt even a good computer back then :fly:. Sure I am being a little irresponsible because I could just save the money for the next 12 months instead of paying them for 12 months. I just dont really care to wait a year before I can start using a new computer.

Meh I guess I could just put more shit into my piece of shit. I dunno, I am just tired of hearing the thing scream when converting movies, crash for no reason and getting 20 fps. I am sure everyone in here knows how frustrating it is having or even working on a shitty computer for 5 minutes. I have to put up with it every night and cant do it for another year :fly:

Well shit. Go to Dell, pick a PC, then click on the part that says "As low as / month"

Yeah, I have horrible credit and no credit cards so my options are limited.

Funny thing is I have only owned 1 credit card my entire life and I chopped it up years ago. All my bad credit is just from my car.

God you people are so dam quick to jump on an idea that you think you know my situation. Go ahead call me a dumb ass, shake your fucking head, be sarcastic but give NO valid points and ask NO questions because you already know the situation.

No matter the situation, spending $500 on interest to buy a product is stupid.

:heart:

Financial Wisdom from your friendly fatty:

• Never spend money you do not have, if there is an emergency it is your own damn fault you do not have a sufficient savings account.
  • A person can live without a credit score. You are NOT your credit score. No one NEEDS a credit card. The only reason one may need good credit is to purchase a house, even then it is the best idea to save then buy. *see below
  • Never buy brand new cars, always used. Cars are never a good investment, they depreciate faster than dbzeag goes down on a dude. Always buy a car with cash. No car payments ftw.
I have more but I need to get back to work.

*I read this story about one guy out of college was making 60k a year. He lived on half of it and put the other half in savings. After 10 years he was able to buy 300k+ house cash (plus the interest he raked up).

Fucking brilliant. Well there are better ways to spend the money such as investing... but geezus thats well ahead anything I could do.

Cars are typically the one thing you can't buy with cash, and the one thing you need with the sort of immediacy that necessitates a monthly payment.

Cars are typically the one thing you can't buy with cash, and the one thing you need with the sort of immediacy that necessitates a monthly payment.

I haven't had a car payment in almost 5 years. I have switched cars in that period too... it is not impossible if you save correctly.

Financial Wisdom from your friendly fatty:

• Never spend money you do not have, if there is an emergency it is your own damn fault you do not have a sufficient savings account.
  • A person can live without a credit score. You are NOT your credit score. No one NEEDS a credit card. The only reason one may need good credit is to purchase a house, even then it is the best idea to save then buy. *see below
  • Never buy brand new cars, always used. Cars are never a good investment, they depreciate faster than dbzeag goes down on a dude. Always buy a car with cash. No car payments ftw.
I have more but I need to get back to work.

*I read this story about one guy out of college was making 60k a year. He lived on half of it and put the other half in savings. After 10 years he was able to buy 300k+ house cash (plus the interest he raked up).

Fucking brilliant. Well there are better ways to spend the money such as investing... but geezus thats well ahead anything I could do.

How many credit cards have you owned? What is your current debt amount?

I was thinking about picking up a new computer at one of those rent to own places. That way I can continue saving money for a Jeep and have a new computer.

Don't, they're crap. Bottom of the line Dells and HPs if you're lucky, Gateways and craptacular e-Machines elsewhere. Unless you can rent-to-own a Falcon Northwest just stay away and build something cheap for 400 bucks.

God you people are so dam quick to jump on an idea that you think you know my situation. Go ahead call me a dumb ass, shake your fucking head, be sarcastic but give NO valid points and ask NO questions because you already know the situation.

Yeah I'm not harping on you about the money but as a computer geek I'm going to flame you like a pork chop for getting a system that most of us wouldn't give to our grandmothers.

Yeah I'm not harping on you about the money but as a computer geek I'm going to flame you like a pork chop for getting a system that most of us wouldn't give to our grandmothers.

Yeah, I wish I had the money to build one piece by piece but it would take months. I really dont care to continue getting frustrated everyday for the next 8 months on my current computer.

You know, since people started giving reasons instead of just calling me stupid it has opened my eyes. I will go check what they have sometime this week but now I am not sure if I am gonna do it. Dammit.