I'm in technical nirvana right here.

Newegg has a bunch of combo deals. For 300 bucks you can have a motherboard with onboard audio, proc, video card and maybe even some memory. A cheapass case with the cheapest antec power supply you can get your hands on and you're set. Maybe a new hard drive. Computers are cheap, dude.

Built mine for about $800. Overclocked to 2.8GHz on the stock HSF too. :D

Also, Beerad. I feel you on financing things. Makes my head swim when I look at my student loans. Using other people's money to finance something that will return money (hopefully -- goddamn psych degree isn't going to be worth shit if I don't make it into grad school) is a good idea. Financing splurging isn't. I can take out a large "living expenses" loan from the feds if I want, but I try to keep those costs under control. I drive an '89 Mercury Tracer for god's sakes. :fly:

In short, I feel you

:lol: I drove an 88 tracer for a few months, that thing was such a POS. no pipes beyond the exhaust manifold and the brakes were so rusty that if it sat for more than a day I'd have to neutral drop it into reverse just to unstick them

Im just gonna get an old POS jeep that I can play with like my last one. The Mercedes totally burned and turned me off anything I cannot at least change the oil on, lol. I kid about not know shit about cars cause I dont know much but I still know the basics to have fun messing with it.